Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #19
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
you also have to consider that if A/C is going to cost you 2G, then could you have gotten the next model yaris with power locks and windows AND A/C?
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #20
Tom48

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch Back
If you have a shop that you like.They can order the unit from Toyota or where they can get the best deal for you. Usually a dealership is the highest priced place to buy any part for you car and the highest priced labor also. If you don't have a trusted mechanic. The the dealership my be least costly ,as there are cheats every where.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #21
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
barber, let me know if u ever get uncheap and want tint, lol. i got a guy that will do a good job and give discount for the more ppl we can get. i dont plan on doing it till prob june
i might take you up on that....aveo could really use tint....since it also doesnt have a/c PM me the price id be looking at...
Old 03-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #22
MyYarisMakesMeSmile

Drives: 2007 Pacific Blue Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
you also have to consider that if A/C is going to cost you 2G, then could you have gotten the next model yaris with power locks and windows AND A/C?
Yeah, I did know that when I bought the car but really didn't have another $2000 to add to the price right then. Also, I kind of prefer having manual locks and windows, and 99% of the time I am the only person in my car so the inconveniences don't really affect me. I figured I would wait and see if I could live without the a/c in the summer, and will try to save up the money until it gets really hot and I make the decision.

Also, having read multiple people's experiences saying that the Yaris' a/c isn't that great and that with an automatic the a/c saps a fair amount of power from the engine, this still a decision I will have to think carefully about.
MyYarisMakesMeSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #23
MyYarisMakesMeSmile

Drives: 2007 Pacific Blue Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
If you have a shop that you like.They can order the unit from Toyota or where they can get the best deal for you. Usually a dealership is the highest priced place to buy any part for you car and the highest priced labor also. If you don't have a trusted mechanic. The the dealership my be least costly ,as there are cheats every where.
This sounds like what I was thinking - I know the dealerships are expensive for pretty much anything. I have a great mechanic so I will definitely get a quote from them. Thanks!
MyYarisMakesMeSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:59 AM   #24
Tom48

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch Back
We have the bash model Yaris with A/C and Auto Tranny. It has very good response to the pedal and a consistent 35 mpg. You really need A/C in our 100+ temps in the summer here.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #25
thebarber
daily driver

the only time i miss a/c is highway trips with the family...

and hot/humid rainy days

a wise investment would be the rain guards for the windows so at least you can crack the windows when its raining or on the highway without getting wet
Old 03-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #26
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
^barber, where did u get ur rain guards from? i have been looking for them everywhere
Old 03-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #27
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Same place as me. OEM Toyota.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #28
white_rice

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris LE
Send a message via MSN to white_rice
I personally cannot live without A/C... mine stopped working one summer in the Celica and it was the worse summer ever. I barely even took the car out, as the few times I did were most unenjoyable. Some days when the sun is just beating down and there is no wind/breeze the sweat was just pouring off my face. I will never own a vehicle without A/C in my life. I use it every single day from the time it gets warm until its almost snowing. I also find that it works very well in the Yaris. Mine is a standard, but I can't see the auto being much worse. All you can do as the others said is call around to multiple places and find the best quote.

Good luck!
white_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #29
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Same place as me. OEM Toyota.
^^ what he said

mine are OEM toyota. i had a bunch of OEM toyota accessories thrown in as part of the purchase/trade deal w/ my matrix