Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Midon
Mod Freak

Drives: 88 MR2 GT
Well it has been a while.

I sure most of you know what happened to my yaris. I still miss that car. Since the whole problem with the VA and the army not paying me like they should (yes it is still in paperwork I haven't seen any money at all in over 4 months) I have had no car at all. I have a 88 toyota MR 2 non SC but it was down for repairs since it kept blowing out the oil pan gasket. I still haven't got that fixed I have to have the block cleaned, and the vent passages cleared out. I go and crank her over every now and then just to keep the parts moving.

I decided to use my tax refund this year to buy me another car. I am looking at a Mazda MX-6 a 1994 i4 2.0L. I have already drove it and even though it has 177k miles on it everything about the engine and tranny is strong. She down shifts smooth going up hill from no throttle to full throttle, doesn't slip any. And the engine very very responsive.

My question is this. does anyone on here have any experience with this model from mazda. I myself have never owned a mazda before and none of my relatives have either. I wanting to know how good of a car this is. I did notice one problem it sounds like the power steering pump might be starting to go bad i hearing a winning coming from it when it cold but it goes away when it starts to warm up. and i did notice that even for power steering it was a little stiff turning the wheels even while moving at about 5-10 mph.

The guy that is selling it was wanting $1500 for it but I offered $1250 and said I was still going to look around until my tax refund came in in about a week and a half. So far $1250 seems ok with him.

I also know that it has aftermarket rims on it that look pretty good. But the clear coat is gone from the car so there no shine at all. But that doesn't really bother me at all since it just to get around with until the army and va sort out the paper work problems, and I get my back pay and buy a 2010 4 door LB yaris ( I thinking yellow will be nice :) ).

So any input from y'all will help me a lot. I know a lot of y'all on here and y'all know your cars.
Midon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
post this question on dfwmiata.com

There are guys on there who know EVERYTHING about Mazdas. In general, I've had great exeperience with the solid design of Mazda motors/cars, but don't know this particular one.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
Midon
Mod Freak

Drives: 88 MR2 GT
I needed to update that. The mx-6 I was looking at got sold. So I back to the start of looking for a cheap dependable car. So if anyone knows of any let me know thanks.
Midon is offline   Reply With Quote