Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-24-2015, 05:53 PM   #1
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Question Noise: Window constantly rubbing weatherstrip when closed

So after I was hit in the rear right side of my car, spinning it around, it was repaired by a body shop and it looks great. BUT I do hear something new that Ihave never heard before and its pretty annoying. Every little pebble/hump/bump/hole in the the road the car goes over causes what sounds like the window rubbing in the weatherstripping right next to my ear. Its pretty extremely annoying and constant. the only way I can get it to stop is to roll down the window a little bit.

Is this a sign of a big problem (like frame is damaged) or is there an easy fix? I thought about putting some vasalene up in there but that would probably get all over the window when I roll it down and it smears over the bottom weather seal in the door.

Would shock mount bracing front and back improve things if it is a body frame problem flexing?
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:57 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I would check to see if the window mount is loose. The glass mounts into a metal tray that then bolts to the window regulator. If the glass is loose in the tray it will move when the car shakes.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:55 PM   #3
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Scott,
Sorry it took so long to reply, if I roll my windo down about an inch the windo does sound like its ratteling around a bunch, kind of like if it were loose in something. Do I need to tak emy door card off and get inside to see anything specific? Is there a way to fix this easily, like tighten something?

Thanks again Scott, you are one of the reasons this place is so great! :)
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:59 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinare View Post
Scott,
Sorry it took so long to reply, if I roll my windo down about an inch the windo does sound like its ratteling around a bunch, kind of like if it were loose in something. Do I need to tak emy door card off and get inside to see anything specific? Is there a way to fix this easily, like tighten something?

Thanks again Scott, you are one of the reasons this place is so great! :)
You will need to pull the door card. once you do you can access the metal frame that supports the window through the access holes. Also check that the bolts that mount the window regulator to the inside of the door are tight.