Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-15-2014, 03:31 AM   #1
Mikastef

Drives: Yaris
Squeaky sound

Hi everyone.

My Toyota Yaris 2006 has just done 70k miles and I have changed my accessory belt during the last servicing. However since recently I am starting to hear some strange squeaky sound when I start up my car from a cold start. (e.g. when the car has been parked for more than 1 hour). The squeaky sound starts ONLY when I start my car from a cold start AND when I press on the gas pedal. I must press the gas pedal for the sound to appear. It will generally squeak for around 1-2Km and then stop.

Find attached the sound:
http://www.speedyshare.com/NvdgB/Voice-002.mp3

Grateful if someone can help me on this.

Thank you
Regards
Michael
Mikastef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:39 AM   #2
Mikastef

Squeaky sound

Hi everyone.
I have a Toyota Yaris 2006 and it just did 70k recently. I have done my servicing and changed my accessory belt. However since recently (2 weeks) I am starting to hear some strange squeaky sound. The sound only appear when I cold start my car (generally when the car has been parked for more than 1 hour) AND when I press on the gas pedal. (I must press on the gas pedal for the sound to appear).
It will continue for around 1 - 2 KM before it stops or can be heard faintly.

Find attached the sound http://www.speedyshare.com/NvdgB/Voice-002.mp3

Grateful if anyone can help me on this.

Thank you

Regards
Michael
Old 03-28-2015, 01:56 PM   #3
Mikastef

Hi everyone.
Well I have solved the problem...the accessory belt was brand new and was not well tighten by my mechanic.so every time anybody get a squeaky sound which continues for 1-5km, it is basically the accessory belt which is not well tighten.