Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-29-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
Ahimsa
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Hatchback
Going from Power to Manual Window Cranks.. HELP!

Hello!

I'm not mechanically inclined at ALL, and need help from the more knowledgeable.

I have a 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback that originally had crank windows. I had a friend install power doors shortly after purchasing... using aftermarket parts.

These don't work anymore - buttons are stuck, wiring is faulty, etc. It seems like it's going to be quite the expensive and arduous fix.

So.. we are trying to get it back to it's original state.. manual cranks. I don't have the original cranks anymore, so I ordered cranks off eBay that are supposed to fit.

I then found out that I need a washer for it to fit. I had my Toyota dealership order these. I can't figure out how to install the crank, pin, and washer. It's supposed to pop right in.

Did the person who installed my power doors do something to the existing crank mechanism? Photos are attached.

We are at a loss, but would love some help online before go to the dealership. THANK YOU!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (11.2 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (10.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (6.3 KB, 56 views)
Ahimsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:06 PM   #2
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
See this.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:34 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The problem is that the plastic gear assembly is still on the shaft for the crank. That whole black chunk needs to come off to mount the crank. also, the door hole around the crank was widened, so you are going to have a large gap, unless you replace the entire door cards.