Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
TashaYaris

Drives: 2014 Yaris LE 3-door
Are these noises normal? ('14 3dr AT)

The car is brand new. I haven't had a new car since Clinton was president, and I'm not very familiar with Toyotas. Do these sound like normal things, or ought I drop by the dealer to get these issues looked at?

1) When I shift from park to reverse (AT), there is either a metal tapping sound or a latching sound (it always does one or the other). That's with the car completely level, brakes held down. Is this just a normal quirk, or something worse?

2) I crank the car, put it in gear, and drive off from my parking space. Sometime during the first 20 seconds, there is a single, isolated liquid "gloosh" that sounds like it's coming from either just in front of me or perhaps to the left. Again, is that just a sound that it makes, or should I be concerned?

Sorry for the hand-wringing. My old car was very noisy, and this new one is remarkably quiet for the most part. I want to be sure to catch any significant problems before they worsen.
TashaYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
mreazn

Drives: 2007 3door manual trans.
Tasha the sound that you are hearing is it just the doors locking for the first issue? As for the second issue since I work at a Toyota dealership I am going to ask one of our Certified Master techs and see if maybe they know and I will get back to you.