Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
tadc

Drives: 07 Liftback, Red
Adding ABS to a Yaris

Greetings all - nice forum you have here. Sorry that this isn't exactly a 'performance' thread, but this forum seemed to fit the best.

So - I'm a VW TDI guy(hello high-mileage buddies!), but my wife has an 07 Yaris. When she/we bought the car, they were just appearing at the stealerships and we didn't exactly have a lot of options to shop around. She ended up with a real stripper, with no rear wiper, no radio, and no ABS.

I fixed the radio problem easily enough (although I had to wait for the dash kit to come out), and we live without the wiper, but i'd really love for her to have ABS.

When I looked into the radio question, I was pleased to see that the wiring harness, brackets and even the speakers were factory installed, and all I had to do was supply the deck. This got me to wondering if a similar situation might be the case for the ABS - could it be that the wheel sensors, wiring and what-have-you might be in place on the non-ABS cars, and I might just have to lay my hands on an ABS pump and swap it in?

Has anybody seen wheel sensors on a non-ABS car?

Thanks much for any comments!
tadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
If you do some searching, there's a thread about this where I listed all of the parts required to add it (or at least a good percentage of them). It would be a significant job (as even things like the rear hubs have to be changed to the ones which have the holes and mounts for the wheel speed sensors) and would be very expensive.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote