Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #19
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
That blue one needs a 2" drop.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #20
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
The white one looks nice. The blue one looks rather ugly.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #21
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed

Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #22
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinare View Post
That blue one needs a 2" drop.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #23
Deathegg

Drives: 2010 Yaris hatch
No doubt it will sell well...to its intended audience (non-car people). Much better than the current model, but that wasn't hard to do. Great looking headlights and grille area, but ruined by the Hyundai-like lower grille. The rest of it is sharp looking, but nothing really stand-out, especially comparing it to the more stylish cars on the market (Focus, the next Mazda 3, Cruze, etc). Recent Toyotas have bland/strange dash styling, and this is no different. Another toaster from Toyota.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #24
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post

Nicely done! :)
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #25
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathegg View Post
Great looking headlights and grille area, but ruined by the Hyundai-like lower grille.
Agreed! Toyota is now copy-catting while Hyundai is coming up with lots of newer designs. I don't like the chrome-trim on the front either. I'd prefer a plain-jane bumper. But then it'll look like a Civic. lulz.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bumperchange.jpg (450.8 KB, 63 views)
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #26
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Wow, nice photochoppin' skilz in here! :) I do admit I like the second one as well.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #27
Kal-El

LE ECO trim: 30/42 MPG rating!

Good stuff. 42 MPG highway. Matches the Cruze ECO although Toyota's are generally underrated so I suspect real world to be superior. If I was in the market in the next couple of years, I'd seriously look at an LE ECO.

This new Corolla is going to sell big. This Corolla will be the most fuel efficient non hybrid/diesel car in the US. And it's a good size car. Significantly more roomy than the current gen.

Last edited by Kal-El; 09-01-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #28
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Looking much, much better than the typically plain past Corollas.

Great tail lights, great headlights, grill. A Corolla S (SE?) will surely be great looking.

Can't wait to see more, whole pics from Toyota.
Yesterday Fred Haas Toyota had at least 3 2014 Corollas on the showroom floor and 1 2013 Corolla on the showroom floor. The difference is 'night and day'....the 2014 is light years better.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #29
Kal-El

I'm going to head to my local dealer soon to check it out in person. Can't wait to see it.

From all the discussion I've read about this car, it's almost unanimously positive. That's saying a lot for a corolla. So on top of the legions of loyal Corolla buyers out there, Toyota is going to win tons of new customers with this car. The Corolla has managed to be a best seller for years with mediocre reviews, imagine a well rated version?

Old 08-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #30
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
I'm going to head to my local dealer soon to check it out in person. Can't wait to see it.

From all the discussion I've read about this car, it's almost unanimously positive. That's saying a lot for a corolla. So on top of the legions of loyal Corolla buyers out there, Toyota is going to win tons of new customers with this car. The Corolla has managed to be a best seller for years with mediocre reviews, imagine a well rated version?

I'm not really a sedan person, but I think it 'accentuates the positive and eliminates the negative' re some of the design cues that remind me of the Lexus IS series.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #31
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Got to see the new Corolla LE Eco today at the local Toyota dealership. What a huge improvement! It looks so much better in person.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #32
nookandcrannycar

I saw my first 2014 Corolla S in a parking lot a few days ago. It was white. It had the unique wheels, and the S badge near the taillights. My Yaris was parked two cars to the right of the passenger side. I saw the back as I pulled out of our row, and saw the front as I drove past on the access road. I noticed, as I opened the door to my car, that it had the all black interior. If I'd seen the brochure before seeing this example by chance, I might have walked over and peered in (to see if it had the CVT or if it was an S Plus with the 6-speed manual). It still had a paper rear plate, and the plate frame indicated it had been purchased at one of the two Toyota dealers I usually frequent. I wish every car had the option of an all black (or at least all dark) interior......soooo much easier to keep looking nice than a light interior. Even in SE Texas, IMO, having an all dark interior is worth putting up with any heat issues.