Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #19
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Ever tried to apply for one of those "credits"?

Not likely you are getting $10,000.
By the way that you phrase it, I'm assuming then it would be against a state income tax liability?.......so you'd have to owe 10k to get the full 10k. That would also leave out TX, AK, NV, WY, FL, WA, and SD entirely (re no state income tax whatsoever), and people who have only wage income in TN and NH.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #20
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
I looked at a Misubishi electric car and just plain gave up trying to understand the "fine print" of the rebate.

But what you say is the gist of it.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #21
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
I looked at a Misubishi electric car and just plain gave up trying to understand the "fine print" of the rebate.

But what you say is the gist of it.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #22
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
I love the Spark and would at least consider one if I were in the market.

- Andy
And I thought I was the only one that thought the Spark is actually a pretty cool car. The point of the Spark isn't performance or ultimate fuel efficiency or even Volvo-like safety. Like the iQ and Fiat 500, it's a cool, stylish urban commuter that's awesome in big cities - downtown Chicago is where I first test drove the 2LT with all the options. Great to park everywhere, enough room for what you'd need, flashy enough to entertain douchebag drivers in stop and go traffic, and lightweight enough to make driving it fun.

I remember when the xB first came out and people were giving it a whole bunch of crap for what it looked like, as well as the measly engine (the output of which isn't all that much different from the Spark, mind you), but I loved it for its quirkiness. The Yaris also got a lot of criticism when it first came out too, but all of you who are on these forums love it. Now there's a cult following for the xB, and I believe the Spark will follow suit. Hell, I'm buying one at the end of this model year so I can get deep discounts on this super compact car with features most other manufacturers won't put in their cheaper cars. Go Spark!
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote