Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #19
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
KUYZA,

I am Native American & German which means I have a descent understanding of foreign language. Having said that I only wished I was much younger as your avitar is very enticing.

Adrian AKA blacksan
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:02 PM   #20
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Exclamation

pervert alert
Old 07-25-2007, 09:08 PM   #21
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Drives: Willow is a '07 Red Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to death is my gift Send a message via MSN to death is my gift Send a message via Yahoo to death is my gift
Gas mileage was mentioned above. I would have to say that is THE best thing. Plus, it's a Toyota. Can't get better than that.

Welcome. I'm sure you'll do just fine around these parts. Lots of boys who like to flirt. hahahaha.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:10 PM   #22
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Send a message via AIM to death is my gift Send a message via MSN to death is my gift Send a message via Yahoo to death is my gift
HAHAHAHAHA As I was typing the above statement "blacksan" has already proven my point.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:22 PM   #23
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Good: Its not a Fit.

Bad: Its not a Maserati.

By the by, your picture is pretty.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #24
blacksan

Quote:
Originally Posted by death is my gift View Post
Gas mileage was mentioned above. I would have to say that is THE best thing. Plus, it's a Toyota. Can't get better than that.

Welcome. I'm sure you'll do just fine around these parts. Lots of boys who like to flirt. hahahaha.
I like to flirt? Well, I do love the the ability to embrace the female form as I personally feel that only God could have created woman. Am I sappy, or just a realist?

BTW, DIMG, there is that something about you that is alluring to say the least.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #25
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Careful blacksan, wouldn't want to get flagged as "off topic."

Uh....this car is great. Um...it smells nice. And, it's new so there won't be 8 billion of them on the road, yet.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:33 PM   #26
KUYZA

Drives: YARIS SEDAN
OH MY GOD!!!!... jajajaja

Definitively I like to be here.! thank´s for your comments I´m more excited now.

Last edited by KUYZA; 07-25-2007 at 09:47 PM.
KUYZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:35 PM   #27
blacksan

I love this car! The folks here are also the best. Is that ok?
Old 07-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #28
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
yup people are nice and I have yet to see one idiot on the forums! wahoo.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:49 AM   #29
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
The Good is that it's a Toyota, a good price and does well on gas.

The Bad is that it's an entry level car.

Make sure you check your car out thoroughly before you accept it. Look at it in bright light and go over it very carefully, looking for dents, chips, scratches in the paint. Then look carefully at the interior at the seams, fit and finish and for scratches on the paint, mirrors, lights etc. Fit and finish is a little different on every car and far from perfect, but look for major issues.

Do not let them pressure you into taking the car until you look over it very carefully, much more carefully than you may think neccessary.

Our first Yaris which we picked up had very tiny chips all over the body. Dozens of them. You could only seem them in bright light, by getting closer than a foot from the paint and then rubbing the spots which looked like dust, but were in fact very small chips or some sort of defective paint/damage. There was also a large scratch in the centre console which you could only see in sunlight for some reason.

The Yaris they replaced this one with had an improperly installed dash. There was a gap of about 3/8" between the drivers side window, b-piller, and dash. You could see steel, wires etc in there the gap was so large. Our Japanese salesman was shocked that the car would come from the Toyota factory like this and thinking I could understand no Japanese he said to the Japanese service manager, "Do you think Toyota builds like this now?"

Nothing is ever perfect, and with this entry level segment the standards are lower, so do not have unreasonable expectations for the car, but do expect for it to be properly put together, and make sure you meticulously look over every inch, because one you take delivery of your car you will not be guaranteed fair service. Do not assume that the quality inspectors at the Toyota plant or dealership have properly done their job inspecting your car. It's not their car and they will never care about it as much as you will. Scratches or scuffs which they may not see as a big deal, could be important to you.

We also have a Yaris Sedan which is automatic. Even though we experienced a lot of inconvenience to get our car, we still believe it is the best car in the segment.

I think you will love your Yaris.
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:58 AM   #30
grampi

Drives: Corolla
The one complaint I've seen the most is about thin paint.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:07 AM   #31
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo22 View Post
Nothing is ever perfect, and with this entry level segment the standards are lower
I completely disagree with this statement. Toyota has always taken pride in the fact that they build every one of their vehicles, from the flagship models all the way down to their bargin basement models, with the exact same build quality standard. Just because the Yaris is Toyota's least expensive car doesn't mean they cut corners. You may have found some inperfections with your car when you picked it up, but I'm sure there are people who find inperfections with their Avalons as well.

Yes, the Yaris is the lowest priced Toyota, but the build quality standard is the same as any other Toyota.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:43 AM   #32
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
zuyza u better not put a pic of you and your yaris on here because of the pervs.....hahaha im kidding...
Old 07-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #33
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Grampi's got it right: every once in awhile an error slips through, and no one is more embarrassed about it than Toyota. If you think quality is failing on Toyota, go look at some of the GM stuff on the showroom floor!
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:03 AM   #34
joe keeney

Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
You got it right automatic , 40.2 mpg in the east tx hills. For the money its the best. You will fall in love fast.
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #35
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
Grampi's got it right: every once in awhile an error slips through, and no one is more embarrassed about it than Toyota. If you think quality is failing on Toyota, go look at some of the GM stuff on the showroom floor!
If you guys think the build quality and standards are the same on a 14,000$ car vs a 60,000$ car that's your opinion; not mine and we're all free to have our own opinions.

Saying that I should go and look at GM because Toyota is slipping in quality doesn't make any sense. I hold Toyota to high standards, I hold GM to none and would not consider a GM, Ford or Dodge at this time. You can't compare Toyota to those companies imo.

If you read my entire post you would see that I still think this is the best car in the segment and I never said that Toyota's quality is failing. You don't have to share the same outlook on the Yaris I do, but never, ever and suggest that I go to a GM dealer!!

Bottom line is; regardless of price; always thoroughly check over something you're buying before you take delivery of it or you could really get burned. If it wasn't for the superior service of my Japanese Sales advisor, we would have been burned on our Yaris.
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:52 AM   #36
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqd View Post
ive heard with automatics (if you gonna get one) are laggy and the shifting is awkward on them...not positive tho....

people also complain about the paint but i havent had any problems...

but overall the car rocks!
My auto is plenty fast enough, just step on the gas pedal!

It shifts extremely well and finds the proper gear at exactly the right time whether upshifting or downshifting... smooth, quiet, and responsive.

The automatic is one fine transmission, and the gas mileage is excellent to boot!

I have absolutely no complaints with the automatic tranny, nor do I have any complaints about the red paint... mine is great after more than a year and lots of freeway driving!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote