Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-03-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
naossoan

Drives: 07 Yaris 3DR
eBay projector headlights

Hey guys I've been eyeing these projector headlights forever so I'm finally going to get some. they look fantastic on every car I've seen pictures with them.

There are plenty of auctions up on eBay I'm just torn on whether I should get some that include an HID kit, or one that includes fog lights.

HID's
Fog's

Can anyone with experience with these lights tell me if the lights they come with are actually any good? If I could take the actual bulbs out of my stock lights and if those are better than the ones that come with the kit, OR if the HID's really are as good as they show in the picture of the auction compared to the original lights? I never do trust those pictures.

It would be nice to have fog lights though too...
naossoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
willygoodness

Drives: 09 yaris hb
i've got 35w 8000K hid H4bi-xenon kit in the stock assembly. Amazing difference! If i was going to do it again, i would for a lower 'K' and i'd get a higher 'watt like 55w or 75w

I'd go the kit with the fogs. just cos fogs are fun. If you're unhappy with the light output then you can get HID kits for like 49$ deliviered if u hunt around.
willygoodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
willygoodness

Drives: 09 yaris hb
also the before and after photos would be... hmmm.... like old old halogen bulbs and maybe 55w 6000k kit with a good reflector assembly.
willygoodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #4
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Don't go higher than 35w. You will blind oncoming traffic. If you get a projector get hid’s. I am sure what they come with is eBay junk so expect the ballasts to go pretty quickly. I'd say hit up username the barber he sells the kit to retrofit your own projectors and you can get a quality hid kit from him too. That's what I'd do.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
I've had the same headlights on my yaris for 2 years with 5000k hids in the lows....no problems, however the clear coating on the lense started to flake off last year but it doesn't affect anything. Halos aren't bright - - actually they're dimmer than the leds, LOL. At this point I find the leds ricey but I'm too lazy to change headlights...

Otherwise, they're a cheap way to get projector headlights with hids.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
Form>Function

Did you get the hid's with the projectors? If so how have the hid's themselves held up?

Old 05-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5 View Post
Did you get the hid's with the projectors? If so how have the hid's themselves held up?
i sell HID's as a business. I've been running the same ballasts for 3.5years, but have had the same (h1) bulbs in these headlights since i put them in the car over 2 years ago. no issues with the wiring on the headlights...
Old 05-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #8
Form>Function

Yea I figured you would have used the kits you sell. I have a feeling the lamps themselves are decent but the included HID's i think are going to fail.