Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-13-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Another Ebay seller warning!! (non-yaris though

Although this was for a non-yaris item, I figured a warning out there for anyone who likes to buy DVDs. The seller is thefifthdoctor. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8357&rd=1&rd=1
I paid for my item on the 22nd of May, and other than a stamps.com shipping notice (which wasn't even a shipping notice, just that it had been submitted) was emailed to me a week later, I have not heard back from this stealer. His feedback looks impressive, yet all the negatives are for no item received. Just thought I would let everyone know.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Wow, he's got a strong rating. Only .2% dissatisfied. That's 34 people out of 17,000 sales. Still not too bad.
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
contact him again, or report to your paypal, a powerseller with a rating like that shouldn't steal your money, probably something is wrong.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
Astroman
Modded Moderator

I know, I felt pretty confident buying from him. With that much feedback you can't make everyone happy. I've been trying to contact him for quite some time now and he won't respond. I did start a dispute, last time I had a problem that got the sellers attention.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #5
jamal1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
I know, I felt pretty confident buying from him. With that much feedback you can't make everyone happy. I've been trying to contact him for quite some time now and he won't respond. I did start a dispute, last time I had a problem that got the sellers attention.
i think the best way is to report to your ebay at the 25 days if you still got no respond from this seller. You will get your money back for sure. it's happened to me all the time too.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:39 PM   #6
Astroman
Modded Moderator

As soon as I left neg. feedback, the seller (even though he hasn't found any time to respond to my messages or emails) found time to leave me neg. feedback saying he shipped item and I never contacted him about a problem. And yet he still hasn't responded to my paypal claim.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
The Ebay seller I reported here has a phenomenal rating. Don't let that fool you.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #8
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Still no response from this guy. I went ahead and made up a fake email and ebay account, and bid on quite a few of his items, knowing it will at least cost him seller fees. I know it was mean of me, but this ass pissed me off. I've bought and sold hundreds of items on ebay and most of the time it works great. This is only my 2nd problem in about 8 years, so that isn't so bad.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #9
jamal1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
Still no response from this guy. I went ahead and made up a fake email and ebay account, and bid on quite a few of his items, knowing it will at least cost him seller fees. I know it was mean of me, but this ass pissed me off. I've bought and sold hundreds of items on ebay and most of the time it works great. This is only my 2nd problem in about 8 years, so that isn't so bad.
you know that he can always do the dispute thing and get all his seller fees back. but yeah go ahead and do it like that so you can waste his time and effort.