Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-16-2011, 07:13 PM   #37
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@SportsCar View Post
They are all over the place... It takes more than a set of stickers to make a car a model that is not sold here. Yet. There are certainly "tribute" cars out there. Fiat even lets you order the 500 with some stickers.

Yeah , I didn't get fooled by a set of stickers on a Yaris .

On second thought maybe I was suffering from heat induced delusions on that particular day . I was fishing all day and the sun was brutal . Maybe that wasn't a couple Chrysler Execs that I had a conversation with . You are probably right ., it was just some older guys who who decided to "rice up" ( or maybe the term should be "linguini up" , since it is Italian ) their Fiat 500's with some stupid little scorpion hood emblems . Maybe I was hearing things when they said there were 4 Abarths ( I have only seen 3, and to be honest maybe the third Abarth was just a plain 500 , it was a good distance away ) in Myrtle Beach , South Carolina.

Seriously Jason , with your vast experience with cars you have never heard or seen or known anyone that has driven new car models on public roads before they went on sale here in the USA ?
Old 08-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #38
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTM Yaris View Post
Yeah , I didn't get fooled by a set of stickers on a Yaris .

On second thought maybe I was suffering from heat induced delusions on that particular day . I was fishing all day and the sun was brutal . Maybe that wasn't a couple Chrysler Execs that I had a conversation with . You are probably right ., it was just some older guys who who decided to "rice up" ( or maybe the term should be "linguini up" , since it is Italian ) their Fiat 500's with some stupid little scorpion hood emblems . Maybe I was hearing things when they said there were 4 Abarths ( I have only seen 3, and to be honest maybe the third Abarth was just a plain 500 , it was a good distance away ) in Myrtle Beach , South Carolina.

Seriously Jason , with your vast experience with cars you have never heard or seen or known anyone that has driven new car models on public roads before they went on sale here in the USA ?
Only took you about month to come up with a reply. Yes, it happens all the time with prototypes, I drove the 370Z the week before its launch at the LA autoshow, and I just got done driving one of the six 2012 pre-produciton Yaris that are in the US.

Seeing a pre-production car on the road and saying "I have seen more than a few Abarths here in SC" is a bit of a stretch in the context you put it - as if to bait the OP into thinking the cars are here.

But its great that you ran into a couple of guys from Detroit driving a Mexican built Italian car. Can't wait to see what a production Abarth offers when it actually makes it to our shores.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:04 AM   #39
OTB

Drives: 2zz MR-2 Spyder
gearing

so all what-not aside, would it be a valuable resource if the xb final drive posts were stickied in a good place?
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #40
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
so all what-not aside, would it be a valuable resource if the xb final drive posts were stickied in a good place?
It would be nice to have my 6 spd conversion thread I put so much effort into stickyed as well.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #41
flg

Drives: Silver Toyota
But then "My goal: a reliable lightweight car for street transportation that will still give cooper S cars a run for their money in street class time attack..."
Dosen't this imply you can't be tac'ing 5000rpm down 95 to work? But, without the torque increase of FI, the 6 speed is a viable alternative I suppose
flg is offline   Reply With Quote