Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-25-2009, 03:04 AM   #847
MiniTRD
it's the MiniTRD

Drives: 2009 Polar White 3dr Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to MiniTRD
Hi guys and gals -

My name is Clark and I am the proud owner of a 2009 Polar White 3dr Hatch Type S with manual transmission and just about every single TRD option or accessory. Heck even the license plate reads MINI TRD.

Some of you may know my old scion tC - TRD TC (http://carsponsors.com/trdtc) from various car shows, Scikotics events, or cruises. Well, a deer along Sunrise Blvd shortened its life (http://rcinfo.us/cia/mods) and now I have a Yaris to replace it.

I'll post pics soon.
http://www.norcalcarstyle.com/minitrd/
MiniTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:16 AM   #848
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Damn, Clark I didn't know that it was because of a deer!
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #849
wornways

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan Stickshift
Can anyone explain why anything I post is being deleted with no abandon? I've tried to post a very well thought-out poll, but some toll with moderator privs is deleting them, and now is deleting my topics asking why my posts are being deleted.

I own a 2009 Yaris purchased in April. I'm happy with it except for the steering wheel, which was apparently designed for the vertically challenged. I'm being treated unfairly and it's really pissing me off.
wornways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:34 AM   #850
etheliters

Drives: 07 yaris hatch
Howdy. H town here. 07 LB . Blacked out tails myself. Broadway friggin mirror. Not into rice, but learning to speak JDM.
etheliters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #851
obxcassandra

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5 DR LB Automatic
hi newbie here

Hi there, I just purchased a 2009 Yaris 5dr HB. Thought I'd say hello from the OBX here in NC!
obxcassandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #852
rick63

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris 3dr Hatch
just got a Yaris

Actually, we bought it on Saturday but just found this site. The new baby is a 2009 3dr liftback in Meteorite Metallic with a 5 speed manual and power package! Me and the wife look forward to talking with ya!

rick
rick63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:02 AM   #853
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick63 View Post
Actually, we bought it on Saturday but just found this site. The new baby is a 2009 3dr liftback in Meteorite Metallic with a 5 speed manual and power package! Me and the wife look forward to talking with ya!

rick
You picked the BEST color
Welcome to the forums!
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #854
jackw

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Checking in--
Took delivery of a 3 ddr HB 4 days ago and am looking forward to the new car experience. The federal cash for clunkers program got me into the Yaris, I traded in an old work van. However the Yaris will be replacing my 98 Metro which has been my commute car for years.

The Metro will be a hard act for the Yaris to follow, but I believe it will do well.
jackw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #855
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
Hey peeps... 09 Black Sand Pearl with Dark Charcoal Sedan here... 1 week old and loving it! I'll be looking for some mods here soon...
RUFFSTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #856
jimek

Drives: 2009 yaris hatch 5 speed
just bought an 09 3 door hatch 5 speed. pretty basic. radio air rear window package and thats about it.
its meteorite metallic i wish i got black though but it was the last one at any dealership around here fortunately i know a toyota dealer GM
jimek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #857
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Arrrr, fresh meat!! Enjoy noobs
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #858
brotan1x
The Mobile Computer Tech

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
I guess I am fresh meat as well?
Hello folks... NEW HERE!

I just bought a 08 Yaris.. and here is why..

I am a field tech for a rather large financial company. It sometimes requires me to drive 100 to 250 miles in a single day (typically DFW and the surrounding cities) Needless to say driving is a BIG portion of my day. This is the reason why there were 219K miles on the car. You see, the wife and I swapped our cars in 06 when I moved my office from the cube to a car. There were 147Kmiles on it when I started driving it. Thank goodness all those miles are a tax write off. Since it was paid for, and it still got 25MPG I was fine.. No AC pealed it though. Finally got tired of driving the Texas heat with no AC. (2 years of perspiration caked in the seat back of my old 98 Altima to show for it) That car had over 219K miles on it.. went through 3 sets of tires in 3 years, replaces all kinds of parts.. Finally it came time to put the car to rest. The repair bill was gonna cost me alot! (AC replacment, replacing the brake system and several other parts..)

So 3 weeks ago I cleaned out the old bucket of bolts and drove to Carmax. We picked up a Black 2008 Toyota Yaris liftback with a little under 25K miles. Best money I ever spent.. (or am spending)

I have only had to fill the tank 3 times so far.. (granted its been a slow 2 weeks for work) I have figured up I am getting 37MPG on the highway. Since my company reemburses a certain amount of money back per mile(as regulated by the IRS) I am able to pay the car payment/insurance/gas/maintenance and still pocket 20% of the return. I must say its alot nicer when you have no car payment but... I can't have everything right

One more thing. I am 6'6 and I have head room! I have leg room!.. The car is just slightly bigger than a golf cart!.. and I am saving a ton of money. Its small.. And my family sings the clown song when they seem me get in and out of it.. (you the one that you might imagine hearing while watching a bunch of clowns getting in or out of a VW BUG)
Best car I have purchased thus far..(no matter how funny I may look driving it)

I saw a couple of discussions/mention of hypermiling and decided to look it up.. I am wondering if I can save anymore by following the suggestions on that site.
brotan1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #859
posaunemeister

Drives: 2008 Yaris S LB - MM
Hello all,

Tomorrow, I will purchase a 5-speed '08 Yaris 'S' 3dr Liftback in metallic meteorite. I don't even know how to drive a stick yet, but I'm sure I will learn in no time. :-)
posaunemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #860
brotan1x
The Mobile Computer Tech

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
I've always been told..
"If you can drive a standard...You can drive anything"

Don't listen to those that say... "If you can't find it... grind it"

Its a figure of speech.. Not a rule.

Driving standard is easy once you get the hang of it.... one of two things will happen. Either you will peel out,, or kill it.. Just don't do either in bumper to bumper traffic...

Good luck!
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin (1937 - 2008)
brotan1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #861
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
welcome!
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #862
Revsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotan1x View Post
I guess I am fresh meat as well?
Hello folks... NEW HERE!

I just bought a 08 Yaris.. and here is why..

I am a field tech for a rather large financial company. It sometimes requires me to drive 100 to 250 miles in a single day (typically DFW and the surrounding cities) Needless to say driving is a BIG portion of my day. This is the reason why there were 219K miles on the car. You see, the wife and I swapped our cars in 06 when I moved my office from the cube to a car. There were 147Kmiles on it when I started driving it. Thank goodness all those miles are a tax write off. Since it was paid for, and it still got 25MPG I was fine.. No AC pealed it though. Finally got tired of driving the Texas heat with no AC. (2 years of perspiration caked in the seat back of my old 98 Altima to show for it) That car had over 219K miles on it.. went through 3 sets of tires in 3 years, replaces all kinds of parts.. Finally it came time to put the car to rest. The repair bill was gonna cost me alot! (AC replacment, replacing the brake system and several other parts..)

So 3 weeks ago I cleaned out the old bucket of bolts and drove to Carmax. We picked up a Black 2008 Toyota Yaris liftback with a little under 25K miles. Best money I ever spent.. (or am spending)

I have only had to fill the tank 3 times so far.. (granted its been a slow 2 weeks for work) I have figured up I am getting 37MPG on the highway. Since my company reemburses a certain amount of money back per mile(as regulated by the IRS) I am able to pay the car payment/insurance/gas/maintenance and still pocket 20% of the return. I must say its alot nicer when you have no car payment but... I can't have everything right

One more thing. I am 6'6 and I have head room! I have leg room!.. The car is just slightly bigger than a golf cart!.. and I am saving a ton of money. Its small.. And my family sings the clown song when they seem me get in and out of it.. (you the one that you might imagine hearing while watching a bunch of clowns getting in or out of a VW BUG)
Best car I have purchased thus far..(no matter how funny I may look driving it)

I saw a couple of discussions/mention of hypermiling and decided to look it up.. I am wondering if I can save anymore by following the suggestions on that site.
Welcome to the forums brotan1x !
I gotta track down that Chevy Aveo with the NAPA hat on top, cuz that
really looks like a clown car. Then your family will stop calling your car a
clown car.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #863
Revsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by posaunemeister View Post
Hello all,

Tomorrow, I will purchase a 5-speed '08 Yaris 'S' 3dr Liftback in metallic meteorite. I don't even know how to drive a stick yet, but I'm sure I will learn in no time. :-)
I've been driving stick for many years. I do have to say that the Yaris
accelerator takes a little getting used to. So, I am not sure what to tell
you about learning to drive stick on a Yaris. It's a little lighter touch than
my old Geo Metro, and that was rather light.

But, I have to say, as I have been posting lately..... Welcome to the forums
and best color choice!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #864
shaneeezy
<3

Drives: '08 Polar White Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to shaneeezy
My friends laughed at me when I told them I joined a Yaris forum ): But I gotta love it.
shaneeezy is offline   Reply With Quote