Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
bhola
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8
2007 Yaris Door Lock Issue

Hi Folks,

I bought Toyota Yaris recently and have issue with driver side door lock. The car lock fine but key open door intermittently. The key works great on passenger side and also tried 2nd key and same issue.

I thought i look around for quick DIY for lock so does any one have see this problem and know quick fix?

Also if have to replace lock is this something I can DIY? If so appreciate if you can share procedure.

Thanks for your help!
bhola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,456
Does the key bind, where you can't turn it all the way, or does it turn all the way, but not unlock?
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
bhola
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Does the key bind, where you can't turn it all the way, or does it turn all the way, but not unlock?
Sometime I can not turn key at all. If I can turn it lock works just fine.

Thanks
bhola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhola View Post
Sometime I can not turn key at all. If I can turn it lock works just fine.

Thanks
Have you tried a different key and/or lubricating the lock with graphite?
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
bhola
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Have you tried a different key and/or lubricating the lock with graphite?
I have tried with 2nd key and same results. I did not tried lubricating. Any idea how can I do this? Do I have to take out door panel to lubricate lock and is graphite special brand of lubricant or any lubricant will work?

Thanks
bhola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhola View Post
I have tried with 2nd key and same results. I did not tried lubricating. Any idea how can I do this? Do I have to take out door panel to lubricate lock and is graphite special brand of lubricant or any lubricant will work?

Thanks
You can pick up a little squeeze tube of powdered graphite at an auto parts or home center. You simply stick the tip into the lock, squeeze it a couple times, and then run the key in and out a bunch of times to distribute it.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
bhola
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
You can pick up a little squeeze tube of powdered graphite at an auto parts or home center. You simply stick the tip into the lock, squeeze it a couple times, and then run the key in and out a bunch of times to distribute it.
Thanks. I will try it out and post the results.
bhola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:01 AM   #8
bhola
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
You can pick up a little squeeze tube of powdered graphite at an auto parts or home center. You simply stick the tip into the lock, squeeze it a couple times, and then run the key in and out a bunch of times to distribute it.
This worked!! Thanks a lot for quick response and your help.
bhola is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
News : 2007 Toyota Yaris - the little Euro's official arrival VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 9 06-06-2017 12:51 AM
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 5 09-05-2010 08:53 PM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM
TSB's WD-40 General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 27 06-06-2007 01:11 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.