Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #325
Kongo-Otto

Drives: '09 Yaris & '10 Auris
My gas pedal is being modified right now. I am getting my car back at 6 PM here. The mechanic told me he never heard of any accident related to this "problem" in Germany.
Kongo-Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #326
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
Dear Mr. Shortsighted:

you really need to examine the statistics of all automotive related deaths. you would lose respect for EVERY auto manufacturer.
That is a nonsensica statement

You need to get the facts before you appear too ignorant.

Too many Toyota fanboys are comming out of the woodwork and putting Toyota on a pedestal oblivious to the fact that Toyota is a corporation driven largely by greed just like any other corporation.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #327
RedRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo-Otto View Post
My gas pedal is being modified right now. I am getting my car back at 6 PM here. The mechanic told me he never heard of any accident related to this "problem" in Germany.
That may well be that toyata used the pedal design in Germany that did not have problems . It should be understood the the two pedals are interchangeable.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #328
Kongo-Otto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
That may well be that toyata used the pedal design in Germany that did not have problems . It should be understood the the two pedals are interchangeable.
It is a pedal from CTS, thats all i know.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #329
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
That is a nonsensica statement

You need to get the facts before you appear too ignorant.

Too many Toyota fanboys are comming out of the woodwork and putting Toyota on a pedestal oblivious to the fact that Toyota is a corporation driven largely by greed just like any other corporation.

the bottom line is: you put an idiot in a car, they will find a way to kill themselves or others.

Toyota is the best at making cars that last, and start up and work, with minimal downtime.

I never said anything about Toyota not being a corporation dirven by profits. That is not relevant whatsoever. name one well-known corporation that is not driven by profit. it doesn't matter.

all global auto manufacturers have had cars with defects that have killed people. all of them. all of them have had recalls.

fact remains, if you want a car that will most likely start every time, and with sub-assemblies that do not break for no apparent reason... Toyota is, and will remain, the best bang for your buck. They are #1 for a reason...they do not produce crap as a rule. errors happen yes. errors happen everywhere.

it is probability. and the 'probability' of 'problems' with Toyota is in favor of the Toyota owner.
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #330
RedRide

Did I not say that I do like my two Toyotas?
Old 03-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #331
Kongo-Otto

I got my car back. I cant notice any difference with the pedal. Everything is fine (like it was before).
Old 03-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #332
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
So 56 people died because of pedal related problems in Toyota. 21,000 people die every year in the US in car crashes... Just to put things in perspective. Driving a car is a dangerous thing...
Old 03-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #333
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
oh no, 56 people died of stupidity, good. Let darwin's ideas run its course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
No matter what our shit government does to try and trash them; I will always love my Toyota.

I really wish I could take advantage of that 60 month 0% interest and get a new car right now, because I would do it in a heart beat - their little recall doesn't bother me. It's a machine, they can't be perfect all the time. I'd take a pedal-sticking Toyota over a POS domestic 50k-and-their-dead any day.

I wish I could apologize to Akio Toyoda for the absolute sorry excuse for hospitality we showed him while he was here. If I was him I would want to pull my entire business from this country; thankfully I think he knows that there are plenty of us who absolutely love ours cars too much to care what the media hype is saying :)
do not fear, japan has the last laugh, since China just sold some of our debt, Japan now is the #1 holder. You bet the Japanese government will be holding that over the fools heads quite quickly.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #334
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
that's cold .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #335
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
but true. you could easily blame our government and how easy it is to get a license in this country. If you needed $5,000 or more and a few years of drivers ed to get a license, stupid crap like that would not happen. C&D did an article that basically showed how even with the engine at full roar, stepping on the brakes will stop the car, and not in that much further a distance than without the engine going crazy.

Driving is taken far too lightly in this country, and that is our biggest problem.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #336
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
oh no, 56 people died of stupidity, good. Let darwin's ideas run its course.

do not fear, japan has the last laugh, since China just sold some of our debt, Japan now is the #1 holder. You bet the Japanese government will be holding that over the fools heads quite quickly.

wrong

us federal reserve and us banks are the #1 and #2 holders. japan is #3.

try again
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #337
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
blame it on no student left behind . Seen where drivers ed is becoming a thing of the past in schools today . I enjoyed it back in the 70's .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #338
sbergman27

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmicle View Post
So 56 people died because of pedal related problems in Toyota. 21,000 people die every year in the US in car crashes... Just to put things in perspective
The vast majority of spontaneous acceleration complaints turn out to be, upon investigation, the driver panicking and stomping the wrong pedal. That said, all auto manufacturers have spontaneous acceleration complaints. Toyota does, according to one source, currently have the highest incidence, at 12 per 312,000 vehicles produced. But Ford has 8. And the others currently have lower but similar numbers. Why 12 per 312,000 is a crisis warranting Congressional investigation, while 8 per 312,000 is no problem at all, is left as an exercise for the reader. Of course, another data source puts Volkswagen's incidence far higher than anyone else's, including Toyota..

Here are the facts:

http://tinyurl.com/ybbjowr

http://tinyurl.com/ydknwme

I often find myself embarrassed of, and even despising my native country these days. But then historically, superpowers in decline have always been this way, going all the way back to 4th century Rome.

-Steve

Last edited by sbergman27; 03-05-2010 at 12:48 AM.
sbergman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:20 AM   #339
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbergman27 View Post
The vast majority of spontaneous acceleration complaints turn out to be, upon investigation, the driver panicking and stomping the wrong pedal. That said, all auto manufacturers have spontaneous acceleration complaints. Toyota does, according to one source, currently have the highest incidence, at 12 per 312,000 vehicles produced. But Ford has 8. And the others currently have lower but similar numbers. Why 12 per 312,000 is a crisis warranting Congressional investigation, while 8 per 312,000 is no problem at all, is left as an exercise for the reader. Of course, another data source puts Volkswagen's incidence far higher than anyone else's, including Toyota..

Here are the facts:

http://tinyurl.com/ybbjowr

http://tinyurl.com/ydknwme

I often find myself embarrassed of, and even despising my native country these days. But then historically, superpowers in decline have always been this way, going all the way back to 4th century Rome.

-Steve
Excellent info, thanks

How much you want to bet that the media will never reports the facts?

They always go after the biggest. Just like McDonald's is the only one to blame for selling junk food. ALL restaurants serve junk food!! But McDonald's is the biggest so past attacks have always been on them while Burger King, Wendy's, ect. were left alone.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #340
jclo3313
Super Moderator

Drives: Absolutely red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to jclo3313
thanks sbergman27

Obama Can't Gymkhana!
jclo3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #341
seanele

Drives: '07 Blazing Blue LB, '09 Jetta
..couple of years ago, people at my work said yaris is the worst of all Toyota product for USA.
last week, one of them asking info of the dealer who sold the yaris to me, plan to buy one for her kid.

PS: i still think Toyota owe USA a lot of explanation!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #342
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanele View Post
..couple of years ago, people at my work said yaris is the worst of all Toyota product for USA.
last week, one of them asking info of the dealer who sold the yaris to me, plan to buy one for her kid.

PS: i still think Toyota owe USA a lot of explanation!
What explanation? About unintended acceleration? Toyota is average for complaints regarding unintended acceleration. Companies such as VW have a much higher complaint rate but the media doesn't go after them because they're small. Toyota is expected to be perfect and now something may be wrong and there's a firestorm.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote