Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #145
UberSilver

Drives: 08Yaris2D, 88LandCruiser.
No ones added an 80 yet, so here's mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 80prs-2-2.jpg (407.8 KB, 906 views)
Old 09-08-2014, 01:49 AM   #146
Spy22

Drives: New Yaris '10 M/T
My Head Unit
Alpine CDA-7990R with 12ax7 Sylvania Tube Buffering
Spy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #147
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:31 PM   #148
RedStickHam

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
Pioneer FH-X700BT

For an early Christmas/Birthday present, my wife bought me a Pioneer FH-X700BT for my 2009 Yaris hatchback. So far, it sounds great even with the factory speakers, much better than the factory head unit which was made by Fujitsu Ten. I was able to adjust the color of it so it closely matches the dashboard display. It also has Bluetooth so I have hands free calling with my mobile phone, it isn't easy answering a call while driving stick shift in rush hour traffic. It can also stream the music on my phone and has a USB port for playing music from a thumb drive, not to mention a CD player. So far I like this head unit and I thank my wonderful wife for it.
YarisPionner1.jpg
YarisPioneer2.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of the microphone mounted above the rear view mirror. They didn't come out too well, but thought I'd post them anyway.
YarisPionner3.jpg
YarisPioneer4.jpg
RedStickHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #149
BayouBlueSnail

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr Hatch
Just installed this new JVC KW-V20BT unit in my 09 liftback. It is a really nice unit has the feature of adding a backup camera and also play dvds to a monitor if I had any. Already hooked phone up via bluetooth and tested iTunes radio on it and it sounds pretty good. Came with usb for ipod and Mic for hands free calling. Over all this was the easiest radio install I have ever done.

BayouBlueSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #150
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Not much eye candy but very functional. JVC unit with Bluetooth phone and audio, USB, aux and built in android app software which works well with my motox. It was cheap and the led light adjustability brings it pretty close to the guage light Colour. Note: in the pic the lights look all red. They aren't, the buttons are orange and the screen is red - the lighting throws it off :p

Big buttons ftw. Makes it easy to use the unit while driving. Small buttons suck, especially when on bumpy coilovers.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #151
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Finished installing my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" today. Took a total of about 5 hours.

Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:46 AM   #152
clint

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris le
20141101_171055(1).jpg

My new head unit. Alpine media station ixa-w404. Much nicer then the factory unit.
clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:53 PM   #153
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd

Just installed this JVC kvw20bt in one of my super duty plow trucks. Have it hooked up to an alpine reverse camera that is mounted to the in box salt spreader. Really nice head unit and works like a dream with my android. I'm going to get used to it some more and if I like it enough I'm going to get one for the yaris. At 350 bones, its a bargain. No GPS, but will sync with my phones GPS and display it with full control on the head unit.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...

Last edited by aspro; 04-27-2015 at 02:02 PM.
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #154
MedMantle

Drives: Yaris '05 1.3 Hatch "R.I.P."
My ALPINE CDE-W235BT - I dig the colour changing feature :P
rsz_img_20150427_165041.jpg
rsz_img_20150427_165111.jpg
MedMantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #155
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
To hell with the stupid Eclipse AVN2210p! Like every car stereo with a removable front plate, it's finally only working right when you stick a penny in there. Out with the old, in with the new! Pioneer AVH-X2700BS, with parking brake override by Micro Bypass (Amazon) and Axxess AX-USB-35EXT (from Sonix Electronics) to route USB and AUX input to where the factory aux-in was. Radio bezel I got from eBay Germany, leftover from when I installed the Eclipse/TomTom unit.

Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #156
Tapokata

Drives: 2009 Yaris
JVC KW-NX7000 from some years ago, installed in 2011- or about 145K miles ago, based on the odometer reading in the photos.

I fitted a rear back up camera at the same time, along with the daisy chained modules for SiriusXM, Bluetooth, and iPod (they connect through the CD changer plug on the back of the HU). I've since removed the Bluetooth module (found phone usage while driving to be too distracting, and it was real inconsistent in connecting with my Samsung S-III) and the iPod module (it has a built in USB line that controls the iPod as well, making the module a bit redundant). It also has an SD card interface, so I've found that to be more convenient for most of my audio library.

I've updated the software in the HU once, and the map files twice, but I think NavTeq has stopped supporting upgrades for this model. It used to have real-time traffic alerts on the nav side as well, by subscription through Navteq, but again the web links to re-subscribe seem to be perms-broke, and Navteq tech support denies all knowledge of every offering the service.

I used a JVC-Toyota wiring harness, running the stock speakers. Telegraph tied, soldered, and heat-shrink wrapped all of the connections on the bench. The HU has a full connector set for AV I/O, but the only connection I'm using is for the backup camera. The HU uses the OEM mounting bracket, and the DD trim kit snaps on to that- the physical installation was really pretty easy.

I like the option of changing the face screen colors, so I was able to match to the stock dash board lighting. The face plate is motorized, tillable, and can be fully detached for when I'm parked in some sportier neighborhoods.

The only other modest complaint is that the AM radio tuning sensitivity is horrible- but I think that's a byproduct of the internal antenna design on the car as much as anything.
Tapokata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #157
David C

Drives: White '07 3dr LB
I changed mine to a Kenwood Excelon 599, added a SSL Lo-Pro 8 powered sub (remote next to the voltmeter), digital voltmeter and a custom 4 switch setup.

Left to right :
1/2 for selecting which battery bank voltage to display (secondary battery behind the driver seat)
Momentary push button for the deep tone big rig horn
On/off rocker for switched A/C (to disable A/C when using the 3 defogging ventilation controls)
On/off rocker switch for head unit power (independent from accessory key position)

Tuned the rgb color of the display to a smooth faded blue (best color for my eyes all around, particularly night time driving), all my music uncompressed on the USB flash drive, using Bluetooth for hands free calls, don't really use all the other features like Sirius, Pandora, iHeartradio, etc. My cluster is white in color with red gauge needles, so it's smooth and easy on the eye (my definition of luxury). Used Metra harness and DIN mounting bracket, free with the purchase of the head unit from Crutchfield.com

Doesn't have a dimmer function like the stock unit did, but you can tweak the color and brightness to a good balance for both day and night.

Voltmeter and switch lights are crisp as the heading display, despite how my camera decided to show it.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:29 AM   #158
Vitz_RS

Drives: 2006 Toyota Vitz RS Hatch Back
Pioneer AVH-5800BHS

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Vitz_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:18 AM   #159
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Nice

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:39 PM   #160
Vitz_RS

Drives: 2006 Toyota Vitz RS Hatch Back
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Nice
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Vitz_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:05 AM   #161
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Guys you think I should change the HU first or add an amp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:12 AM   #162
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Guys you think I should change the HU first or add an amp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote