Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #1
Cyclist
"There is no spoon"

Drives: Black 2010 3d Yaris
Lightbulb Tokico blues with Vogtland 1.4" drop

Hello all,
I'm in the process of improving the overall handling of my 2010 HB 3 door.
It rolles on stock wheels and tiers (15's) and I plan on swapping out the wheels to light weight 16's with higher profile in the future.
I installed the TRD sway bar and Lower tie bars, that made a great difference in turns however with the standard bolt on engine mods there is simply a lack of harmony with the total package.

I'm not interested in coilovers.
I'm not going to lower more then 1.5".

I'm leaning towards tokico blues with vogtland springs. I found very little Intel on the vogtland and was wondering if anybody uses this combo? How it does overall? Do the bump stops have to be trimmed with tokico's and a 1.5" drop? (I ordered Belltech Bump Stop Kit 2.5" Outer Diameter - 2.01" Tall just in case).
Any suggestions? Ride reviews?

Thanks in advance yaris fans.

E.
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
cut bump stops by the amount of drop..so on stock bump stop cut off 1.5 inch
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #3
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
never heard of them, where do they come from? Their website says they make springs for oem manufacturers. And also Nascar and some other race series. Never seen them mentioned before though. that is weird.

every auto enthusiast has a different theory on bump stop cutting. Go with what the manufacturer recommends.

MI springs are pretty good, and the people that bought them loved them. They do drop the car a bit more than you want, but they are proven and inexpensive. MI springs.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:22 PM   #4
Cyclist
"There is no spoon"

Drives: Black 2010 3d Yaris
Lightbulb MI

The MI's seem very good (AOE TigerTech) however they are too stiff and low for the nasty roads here in Houston. Also i'm not sure if they are progressive or not (prefer progressive). If I was still living in S. Florida I would be considering these.
As for the Vogtland, as a former european i can tell you that you could never go wrong with Vogtland. some german police municipality's run these on super tuned BMW's Porches etc.
My only concern with the Vog's is the representation in the USA seems very week.

Any body riding on Megan Racing springs? (also very limited intel) seem nice and fit my spec's. however no ride review.
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
It is nonexistent in the USA, but I'm sure the quality is identical as that in europe. If you trust them in europe you can trust them here.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Sounds like a good combo. I run Tein S-Techs and Tokico HP (Blues) and really like the setup. Not too stiff, but not too soft. Much better handling than stock, not a rough ride like my old Megan coilovers.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
springs, suspension, tokico, vogtland