Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-24-2015, 12:19 AM   #1
xdarkxfirex

Drives: 2015 yaris le
Suspension sounds? Sway Bar Bushings?

For the past while, I notice creaking sounds going over bumps. I checked control arms, bushings, tie rod, shocks etc, didnt notice anything. The only possible thing left would be the sway bar bushings. How do you get those off? They are really inaccessible? I was trying to grease the insides and couldnt even get a bolt loose. I used a light impact, and a breaker bar on the bottom and nothing. I soaked it with atf, and it still doesnt open. I greased the sides with lithium grease, still not much has changed.

Any advice?
xdarkxfirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:38 AM   #2
ex-x-fire

Drives: 2010 yaris 3 door hatch
Get someone to rock the car side to side (by pushing on the roof) while you reach under the car to feel for the creaky noise.
ex-x-fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I'm hoping i'm wrong but I think the only way to access the bushings is by dropping the sub frame. I don't see a way to access all 4 bolts by leaving the sub frame installed.

How many km's on your car? Check the strut mount and bearings.

Tags
bushing, control arm, suspension, sway bar, yaris