Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-04-2018, 02:24 AM   #1
maui

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatchback in white
are these mudflaps from Amazon decent?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...WZSR0MCJ&psc=1

They are cheap, $13 for a set of 4, OEM are over $30 each, not worth it for me...

Any one have these?
maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:30 AM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I got the OEM ones but from the pictures, those look very similar. If you try them, good luck and let us know how they worked out.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:08 AM   #3
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Yeah, wow, what a deal! If I were replacing mine, I'd be all over those.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #4
maui

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatchback in white
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I got the OEM ones but from the pictures, those look very similar. If you try them, good luck and let us know how they worked out.
I bought them and found that vendor is in China.
3 weeks later they arrive and are decent quality, certainly a value for the price.
Not happy about using the cheap phillips screws they provide.

OEM plastic rivets may be too short as they seat with angled plastic and the additional thickness of the mudflaps may pose a problem.

Hoping for some advice here on how you mounted them or if Toyota part came with mounting rivets...
maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:43 PM   #5
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by maui View Post
I bought them and found that vendor is in China.
3 weeks later they arrive and are decent quality, certainly a value for the price.
Not happy about using the cheap phillips screws they provide.

OEM plastic rivets may be too short as they seat with angled plastic and the additional thickness of the mudflaps may pose a problem.

Hoping for some advice here on how you mounted them or if Toyota part came with mounting rivets...
OEM flaps also came with screws. Had to line it up and drill into the rear bumper. Feels a little sketchy but works great. It's been a while but I believe the fronts had existing holes.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote