Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-20-2008, 12:51 AM   #19
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrack157 View Post
1NZ is correct they are principally a diode that tricks the ECU. However will not trick ours? Garm I'd say open it and take pictures for me but then no refund. Honestly I think this one is just a loop that goes into place maintaining the circuit without doing a damn thing.
They will trick the yaris, thats what your warnning light on the dash is saying ,every time you start your car from cold.
did i say that right oh well
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #20
ztrack157
Vroom Vroom Beep Beep

Drives: Powered Roller Skate
Send a message via AIM to ztrack157 Send a message via MSN to ztrack157 Send a message via Yahoo to ztrack157
Magic Fairy dust still for sale. lol. Well its really just meth to make everything seem faster.
ztrack157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:00 AM   #21
1NZYaris1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrack157 View Post
Magic Fairy dust still for sale. lol. Well its really just meth to make everything seem faster.
Sorry but it wouldn't make it through Custom's
Old 12-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #22
ztrack157
Vroom Vroom Beep Beep

Send a message via AIM to ztrack157 Send a message via MSN to ztrack157 Send a message via Yahoo to ztrack157
Oh yes it would! lol just put bear scat in to scare the dogs.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:08 AM   #23
superfly78209

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 Dr Blue Grey
wow this is awesome.. cali keep us updated.
superfly78209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:22 AM   #24
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
hehe, alright - let's settle this. And I don't care about returning it, I'm opening the thing up after I play with it.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:24 AM   #25
1NZYaris1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
hehe, alright - let's settle this. And I don't care about returning it, I'm opening the thing up after I play with it.
We require photo proof , when it arrives and apart

until then
Old 12-20-2008, 01:29 AM   #26
ztrack157
Vroom Vroom Beep Beep

Ok sweet Garm is the man after all. Even though hes a vendor he needs moderator status he is a guru.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:53 AM   #27
richardholdener

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatch
Hows this for an offer-you get your car and this magic product to either of the dynos (here in Vegas or in palmdale0 and I will test this for free. We can monitor the air/fuel and timing values before and after and see what it does-if anything. That way there is no speculation. I don't want to hear it felt better-I want real data. Let me know Cali.
richardholdener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:00 AM   #28
1NZYaris1

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardholdener View Post
Hows this for an offer-you get your car and this magic product to either of the dynos (here in Vegas or in palmdale0 and I will test this for free. We can monitor the air/fuel and timing values before and after and see what it does-if anything. That way there is no speculation. I don't want to hear it felt better-I want real data. Let me know Cali.
You the man ,here's your chance Garm ,to dyno you beast
Old 12-20-2008, 02:21 AM   #29
ztrack157
Vroom Vroom Beep Beep

Thanks Richard. Let the myth be cracked. Now if you'd only sell me one of the prototype intakes. :)
Old 12-20-2008, 03:18 AM   #30
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
you want a placebo to take with this too? these modules are all bs..every last one of them (not talking about real engine management systems and such though)

and please spare me the "oh and you know this from experience?" part. i DO know from experience.
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #31
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
There is no "circuit", it's just a resistor in a fancy box. It is installed inline with the intake air temp sensor and causes the ECU to read the temperature as lower than actual. Since cooler air is more dense, this makes the ECU "see" that more air has gone into the cylinder and it injects more fuel. A slightly richer mixture can give more power under some circumstances. But, this only happens at full-throttle or during warm-up when the ECU is not in closed-loop operation. In closed loop, O2 sensor feedback will correct the error induced by the faulty temp data.

So, it "might" give you slightly more power when you get on it, but there's no way it's going to improve fuel economy.

That's all there is to it.

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:08 PM   #32
richardholdener

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatch
Altering the IAT value to show colder inlet air temp can also increase ignition timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
There is no "circuit", it's just a resistor in a fancy box. It is installed inline with the intake air temp sensor and causes the ECU to read the temperature as lower than actual. Since cooler air is more dense, this makes the ECU "see" that more air has gone into the cylinder and it injects more fuel. A slightly richer mixture can give more power under some circumstances. But, this only happens at full-throttle or during warm-up when the ECU is not in closed-loop operation. In closed loop, O2 sensor feedback will correct the error induced by the faulty temp data.

So, it "might" give you slightly more power when you get on it, but there's no way it's going to improve fuel economy.

That's all there is to it.
richardholdener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #33
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Unless it is a company like Edge or Banks making these chips, I wouldn't put much value on their claims. Sometimes even a chip mod will make you become your own warrantee. Toyota might deny claims.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:00 PM   #34
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardholdener View Post
Altering the IAT value to show colder inlet air temp can also increase ignition timing.
Good point, Richard.

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:35 PM   #35
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Looking at the dyno sheet numbers, they don't even touch 100+ HP gains. Basically, people that don't know much about cars or are noobs at tuning go ahead and buy these so called products. As mentioned before, the ECU on our cars are tough to crack hence why there is no eprom upgrade and you need a piggyback system (i.e. AEM, Greddy, etc).

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:09 AM   #36
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
i read the auction and the only thing i agree with is the first sentence of the second Q and A question...you get what you pay for...
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote