Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-24-2006, 08:43 AM   #19
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmZ
This olive green really grow on me!! Look awesome. I always wondered what the hole in the front bumper was for, now I know! It's a hook to tow or attach the car.

That's funny because gauges are different in Portugal's Yaris and there's not tachometer even on the manual model. It's great because ALL Yaris available in Canada market have a the tachometer, even the base models of liftback or sedan.

Yes, that oliver green is growing on me too! Its a nice color, that I wouldnt have thought Id like at first.

And yea, glad i now know what that hole on the front bumper is for!

Amd yea (again), thank GOD all the Yarii, both models, in Canada have tachs on them! Even in an auto, Im used to always haveing a tach present in my vehicles, so its something i appreciate, even if i its an auto. on a manual, for me, a tach is a necessary
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:09 AM   #20
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S

there it is :)
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:45 AM   #21
redglare45

Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris
Thanks for the close ups. Does it seem to ride a little stiffer too?? I didnt want it too stiff put I wanted to have the springs resist a bit more then stock when I hit a bump.
It rides a bit stiffer, but not too much. You'll feel the springs resist more... so in bumps and stuff you'll feel them resist.

It's nice to see there's some more Olive green car's out there. I've only seen two more here in Southern California.

Hey Johnnyfive, what dropp is that on yours?....looks sweet
redglare45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:48 AM   #22
johnnyfive

i have tenabe DF210's installed

Old 08-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #23
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Sorry to disappoint you JOhnny, but I sold my DF's and I am putting the NF kit on Tomorrow bright and early. I am still going to try and run the 215's although everyone is telling me 205. I am going to explore evey option with the 215's before I sell them. I have the stocks ready to go back on if there is trouble with the 215's. Pics will go up ASAP.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:58 PM   #24
SimmZ

Drives: 2k3 Cavalier & 2k2 Echo
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris
Sorry to disappoint you JOhnny, but I sold my DF's and I am putting the NF kit on Tomorrow bright and early. I am still going to try and run the 215's although everyone is telling me 205. I am going to explore evey option with the 215's before I sell them. I have the stocks ready to go back on if there is trouble with the 215's. Pics will go up ASAP.
I don't understand why you absolutely want to use 215 tires. Wider tires mean more friction to the road, mean less performance, mean less gas milleage, mean more chance to rub somewhere. As you can see, there's only cons and no pros my friend...
Old 08-24-2006, 01:11 PM   #25
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Ok, so I have a question. If you look at the console around Sergio's radio it looks the same as a US liftback BUT my sedan console doesnt look like that. What kind of Yaris is Sergio's? Where can I get that console piece????

Here is Sergio's sedan console

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sérgio Barros
Here is my sedan console

Old 08-24-2006, 01:33 PM   #26
Bones

Drives: 07 Yaris S Type
Sergio's is the non S type sedan dash. You can by that at the dealer for around $80.00.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #27
redglare45

Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
Yeah, I have the same stereo as SRoberts. So installing a single din aftermarket, we would probably need the non-S piece.
redglare45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:45 PM   #28
SimmZ

In Canada, there's only one type of dash for 3dr hatch, 5dr hatch and 4dr sedan. It was like Sergio's dash, but all models have tachometer.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:49 PM   #29
MWill517

Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan Barcelona Red
The difference is the stereo . I have the same setup as in Sergios pictures. It may be that yours is the "upgraded" trim. I know the stereo is different in the two. I do not have the power package in mine, only the convenience package. That may be the difference as well.
MWill517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:21 PM   #30
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Thanks for the great info guys. I have one more question tho. Is the harness the same for both types of radios? Can I put a stereo like Sergios on my sedan?
Old 08-24-2006, 02:24 PM   #31
SimmZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroberts
Thanks for the great info guys. I have one more question tho. Is the harness the same for both types of radios? Can I put a stereo like Sergios on my sedan?
As I read on some audio stuff site, wiring harness are all the same in all Toyota's from 1987 to now... LOL

Except high-end models as well (Avalon, ect).
Old 08-24-2006, 07:27 PM   #32
Sérgio Barros

Drives: Yaris D4-D
These photos of the Yaris sedan that I placed in this fórum are top secret in Porutgal.
Sedan in Portugal had been 4 Yaris, but they are for going for Cabo Verde. They had been here of ticket in the Toyota.
This Yaris sedan not purchase in Portugal.

Sérgio Barros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:48 PM   #33
riceboy

Drives: icebox
Quote:
In Canada, there's only one type of dash for 3dr hatch, 5dr hatch and 4dr sedan. It was like Sergio's dash, but all models have tachometer.
cept the RS models.. we get amber....
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #34
riceboy

Drives: icebox
BTW here are some pics of the yaris sedan sitting in the tc lot... sorry bout the crappy quality but #1 they don't like ppl hanging out around the property... especially with cameras #2 the security came a snooping around and i had to jet... anyways enjoy... it's got chrome door handles, chrome mirrors, chrome trim on the front grill, and chrome wheels.. all on a black yaris s sedan.... i like....

Last edited by riceboy; 12-17-2006 at 02:21 PM.
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:17 PM   #35
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Quote:
I don't understand why you absolutely want to use 215 tires. Wider tires mean more friction to the road, mean less performance, mean less gas milleage, mean more chance to rub somewhere. As you can see, there's only cons and no pros my friend...

Wider tires also mean better handling on corners. I can fully lock out the steering wheel on U turns with no rubbing, and I thought weight was always the issue with wider tires and bigger wheels. my wheels and the stocks weigh almost the same. The overall height diameter and circumference is closer to stock then the 205, and the main reason I am hell bent on using them is the fact that I bought the wheels and tires off a friend and they are like $500 Toyo Proxy 4 tires. I will switch to the 205 if I need to, but I would rather not spend the money unless I had to. I am not a cheap ass or anything. Every custom wheel and tire shop I have went to here in Indiana and Kentucky tell me they will work. Now if I was putting 40 lb. 18's or 20's on there I would definitly kick myself in the ass performance wise, but 10mm isnt enough to cry about. I value everyones opinion on here , but in someway I just wanna post 215's will work because I know some people are debating on 215's.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:30 AM   #36
johnnyfive

@slvryaris: throw the NF's on, and you just might be suprised :)

@Sroberts: already posted about the trim in your other thread http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1370, and yes, it is the same harness on all of the available radios