Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2022, 12:13 PM   #1
nikonNUT

Drives: 2010 3 Door L
Accessory drive belt won't fit.

Hey all,
I come again with hat in hand needing some help with a head scratcher. Had my accessory belt break this morning heading home after they cancled work due to weather. Charge light came on, and while I thought it might be slipping, I stopped after it stayed on for a minute or so. Checked and the belt is gone and the engine compartment is full of sleet. No worries.. Thaw everything out and get a new belt. Here's the kicker! It won't fit! I've done 4 or 5 of these so it's not my first rodeo. I even tried a longer belt (49" versus 47") to no avail. What's going on? I have to be doing something wrong but I am clueless! I can't imagine the A/C compressor moved, the crank pully looks fine, and if I bent a water pump pulley enough for a belt not to fit anymore I think I would have ripped it clean off! Any advice is greatly apprecaited! Thank you!

-Chris