Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-20-2017, 02:28 AM   #1
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
Another Toyota in the Family

well...we added another car to the stable. it's a 2015 Camry with LOW miles and dealership maintained. it was a lease turn-in and after visiting 3 different dealerships we got a sales manger that was willing to meet our price. the first 2 wouldn't budge on their 'internet special' prices and we weren't wanting to play the 'what kind of payment can you make?' game.

big shout out to O'brien Toyota in Indy. they didn't play games and treated us very well. it wasn't a bad experience at all and we even got a free year of maintenance thrown in all for our hard price.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Nice; congrats.

What color? Throw some pics up!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #3
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Congrats!

Yup, some photos would be nice.

I'm driving a 2010 Camry with only about 26K miles on it. Love the car. It's my 5th Camry.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:21 PM   #4
toad

Sorry, I wasn't expecting the excitement for a Camry! Thanks - I'm actually very happy with it. We took a trip up to Michigan a couple weeks ago in the Yaris and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. 2 adults, a teenager, and a 60 pound Lab(we're dog people) along with a weeks worth of luggage and our puppy's kennel(which hung out the back of the sedan's trunk. I had to bungee the trunk down!

Anyways, we need something bigger as we go up there at least twice a year and it's gotten a little tight. Right now there are some GREAT deals on lease turn-ins and with a new 2018 Camry coming out soon you can find some dealers willing to work with you. You may laugh, but this is the first car I've ever owned with a key fob to control the door locks! The car is smooth and even though it's just the LE it has everything I want(except Apple CarPlay).

I'll throw up a picture when I figure out how to resize them. Thanks again for the comments!
Old 06-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #5
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
Sorry, I wasn't expecting the excitement for a Camry! Thanks - I'm actually very happy with it. We took a trip up to Michigan a couple weeks ago in the Yaris and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. 2 adults, a teenager, and a 60 pound Lab(we're dog people) along with a weeks worth of luggage and our puppy's kennel(which hung out the back of the sedan's trunk. I had to bungee the trunk down!

Anyways, we need something bigger as we go up there at least twice a year and it's gotten a little tight. Right now there are some GREAT deals on lease turn-ins and with a new 2018 Camry coming out soon you can find some dealers willing to work with you. You may laugh, but this is the first car I've ever owned with a key fob to control the door locks! The car is smooth and even though it's just the LE it has everything I want(except Apple CarPlay).

I'll throw up a picture when I figure out how to resize them. Thanks again for the comments!
Right click the pic
Select 'open with'
Select 'paint'
Click 'resize'
Switch to 'pixels'
Make it 840 horizontal
Click 'ok'
Save as with a different name (so you keep the original version as well)
Completely disregard everything up to this point if you're on Apple and I wish you good luck

On Wheelwell
Old 06-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #6
toad

Here you go! It's the only picture I've got as the wife is always driving it! As another plus- now I get the 07 Yaris to drive(and spend money on).
It's a dark grey mica paint if you can't tell from the picture.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #7
kimona
Super Moderator

Nice! That's your luxury car... and the Yaris is your "sport" car.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:26 PM   #8
ern-diz

I dig it!

My mother-in-law has an '07. Was surprised to see a cloud of blue smoke when she started it on Sunday night. Then I saw something online about those engines being known for burning a little oil and Toyota acknowledging that a certain amount of burn-off per liter is normal/acceptable? That was news to me. In any case, I've always thought they were fantastic cars.

On Wheelwell
Old 06-20-2017, 10:02 PM   #9
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Nice. Cosmic gray mica, right?

I think the only mods it needs in the mean time are LEDs and headlights. For the turn signals up front, you can get switch back LEDs, that way they look more like the XLE and XSE. You'll need a new flasher relay tho. You can replace the headlight bulbs with HIDs or LEDs. VLEDs makes quality LEDs. You should check them out. For my HID needs, I look at The Retrofit Source.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:26 AM   #10
toad

^yeah, i couldn't think of what the color is called. thanks! i'm just happy that it's got the projector style front lights! i'll look into those turn signal leds, but i think the first thing on my list is new wheels. i can't stand hubcaps because i know we're gonna lose one on the cruddy roads in the midwest. i think the bolt pattern is 5x114 so i've been looking at what tirerack has(they're fairly local and i can pick them up at their south bend warehouse- no delivery charge). i have enkeis on our 07 Yaris so i've been thinking about something from them. any suggestions?

thanks again for all the comments!
Old 06-21-2017, 03:22 AM   #11
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
^yeah, i couldn't think of what the color is called. thanks! i'm just happy that it's got the projector style front lights! i'll look into those turn signal leds, but i think the first thing on my list is new wheels. i can't stand hubcaps because i know we're gonna lose one on the cruddy roads in the midwest. i think the bolt pattern is 5x114 so i've been looking at what tirerack has(they're fairly local and i can pick them up at their south bend warehouse- no delivery charge). i have enkeis on our 07 Yaris so i've been thinking about something from them. any suggestions?

No problem. Customers expect me to know everything about each Toyota (impossible, but I know a good amount of facts).

As for wheels, here are my top 4 picks. I like wheels that look like they could have come from the factory.

Enkei Draco in anthracite. This color would look awesome with cosmic gray.
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...autoModClar=LE

OZ Leggera HLT.

Sparco Trofeo 5. This would have to be in 18's to look good on the Camry.

Enkei PF01. Would also have to be in 18's.

Overall first place, I'd pick the Draco in either 17s or 18s. Great price, decent weight, and looks the best imo.

Tied for second is the Trofeo 5 in 18's will be the least expensive, but would also be the heaviest and the blandest in terms of color.

Also tied for second is the Leggera HLT is a nice design and would be the most flush (if you get the 18s) and still be light weight, but is also the most expensive.

Fourth place comes the PF01 is the lightest of the bunch, if you compare all the wheels at 18". But it's the second most costly, and is the most bland wheel design out of my picks.

For tires, I like the General Tires Altimax RT43 I have on the Yaris. Good price, good dry and wet grip (haven't been on snow/ice with it), but I am seeing a 3 to 4 mpg drop compared to the old, dried up Goodyear Eagle LS it replaced (I'm thinking it was because it was so dried up that it wasn't really gripping the road).
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #12
kimona
Super Moderator

Quote:

When I first bought my 2010 Camry, it had 215/60/16 Michelins with steel wheels and hubcaps. Soon afterwards, I "upgraded" to 215/55/17 Michelins on 17" alloys. Now, I'm running 215/60/16 Michelins again on 16" alloys, and I'm very happy with this set up.

I found a significant difference between 16's and 17's in terms of ride comfort. I wouldn't even consider 17's again.

I'd stick with your stock 205/65/16 rubber and simply upgrade to some nice alloy wheels.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:39 PM   #13
toad

^^thanks for the advice! i REALLY like those PF01s, but i'm not sure i need an ultralight wheel. i agree with you about the dracos- they would look nice in 17" in the lighter color.

16" wheels are definately something to consider- i never even thought about the comfort!
Old 06-22-2017, 12:49 AM   #15
kimona
Super Moderator

I'm actually looking for a style something like this for my Camry. I'm into old school JDM design.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ssr-formula-mesh-05.jpg (83.5 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by kimona; 06-22-2017 at 01:18 AM.