Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
I need help locating a part...can anyone help?

Well needless to say, something I was putting in the car barely even bumped up against one of the control knobs on the console, which knocked the fan speed knob into the center console! So I took apart the dash pieces and checked, I was really disappointed to find that Toyota has the knobs staying in place by 2 very small little plastic clips, of which broke off. So now the knob stays in the console slot unless you barely touch it which pushes it in...Does anyone have an extra or can score me one from a wrecked yaris? I know theres a few guys here on the forum that had totalled ones and maybe they could help me out. It basically comes undone by unplugging the harness and pulling off the air circulation wire connected.

Here's a pic of the disconnected knob that I need, I really hope someone can help me out.

I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
There was thread about a crashed Yaris about two weeks ago, you to check around the for sale thread for that, good luck buddy.
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
I appreciate it. I just need the knob and the black housing that's connected to the knob. If their's a crashed Yaris or someone can help me out with one, I'd much rather do that then pay an arm and a leg at the stealership.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I swapped Crashy's for someone who broke the tabs on theirs. I glued the broken tabbed one into its place with a dab of Automotive Goop on either side. It's fully operational and is holding well.

In case you don't find one or don't want to try the glue route, the part number is 55902-52020. It's about $40.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote