Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
gollygirl1

Drives: YR Yaris 2013
First time Yaris Owner

Ok so yesterday I took delivery of my first New car and it happens to be a Cherry Red Yaris - brand new and made in June 2013.

I am still getting used to it and adjusting everything - the seat at first was uncomfortable but that is now good - although can anyone tell me how to get them to go back up again? Do I pump the lever on the side to go all the way down then pump again to go up????

The blutooth is AMAZING - iphone paired straight away and the handsfree is incredible.

Still getting used to the brake pedal too - it seems higher than my old car (that was an 18 year old Honda Accord) but maybe it is just how they are now?

I got the windows tinted and the paint protection - so she is looking pretty nice.

I love the roomy feel in these cars, when I get out and look at her I cannot believe she is as small as she is as she feels great inside and the rear passenger area is big too how great it is to have a flat floor in the back and no hump in the middle.

I am still not driving as smoothly as I would like (only because the brake feels so strange to me now) it is like being a Learner driver all over again

Anyway, I am pretty excited and hope that she starts to feel as comfy as my old car did.
gollygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Congrats and welcome to the forums!

Not all Yaris models have that lever that you mentioned, but I believe you need to pump it to elevate and pull on it to go down.

The pedals are indeed a bit high but you will definitely get used to them. I'm not sure if you got a manual, but if so make sure you step on that pedal all the way to the bottom to make sure the clutch is engaged before you switch gears. It's a common issue with pedals this high.

The room in this car is one of the things that sold me. It really is a super versatile car. You did good, gollygirl!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Welcome!

I was going to ask if your car was assembled in Japan or = one of the recent arrivals from France, then I noticed you live in Australia, not in the U.S.

Just out of curiosity, do you know the assembly point for your Yaris?
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Septembersrain
♣♀Yaris'ing♀♣

Drives: 2013 Yaris 3-Door LE ~Pearl~
Hi and welcome! ^.^ I am a new Yaris owner too. ^_^
Well... I've had her long enough that I'm not quite new now.

It gets really really comfy to drive. I am having a blast. =P
Old 07-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
gollygirl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Welcome!

I was going to ask if your car was assembled in Japan or = one of the recent arrivals from France, then I noticed you live in Australia, not in the U.S.

Just out of curiosity, do you know the assembly point for your Yaris?
Where will I find out where she is built? I saw the build (production) date as June 2013 but not the country. Where should I look for that?
Old 07-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
gollygirl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
Congrats and welcome to the forums!

Not all Yaris models have that lever that you mentioned, but I believe you need to pump it to elevate and pull on it to go down.

The pedals are indeed a bit high but you will definitely get used to them. I'm not sure if you got a manual, but if so make sure you step on that pedal all the way to the bottom to make sure the clutch is engaged before you switch gears. It's a common issue with pedals this high.

The room in this car is one of the things that sold me. It really is a super versatile car. You did good, gollygirl!
OK I shall try to pump it tomorrow when I am home - just dont want to have a problem when I have to get to work. The manual does not really explain that part well.

The car is an automatic - just find that brake pedal a little bit high to my old car but as you say, I am sure in time I will get used to it, it really is my only complaint............and it is something you dont notice so much with a test drive, only when on your own.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:20 AM   #7
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygirl1 View Post
Where will I find out where she is built? I saw the build (production) date as June 2013 but not the country. Where should I look for that?
In the U.S. it is listed on the FACTORY Window Sticker that summarizes the base cost, the cost of any options, and the destination charge.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
Septembersrain
♣♀Yaris'ing♀♣

Drives: 2013 Yaris 3-Door LE ~Pearl~
Can't you also find where it was built based on the first letters of the VIN #?
I think I saw that posted on here somewhere, that's how I found mine was made in Japan.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
gollygirl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septembersrain View Post
I think I saw that posted on here somewhere, that's how I found mine was made in Japan.
Mine start with JTK.......
Old 07-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #10
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septembersrain View Post
There is a black and white plate (at least there is on mine) above where the 'lock anchor' is on the driver side door jamb that includes the Vin #, a bar code, and the words 'Made in Japan' (as well as other numbers and codes) on it..but it doesn't give the location of the assembly plant within the country (unless that is embedded in the bar code). That information for passenger cars in the U.S. (for buyers), if it is listed, is located on the FACTORY sticker, not a PAC sticker affixed by the dealer.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #11
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Mine start with JTK.......
Did you save your factory sticker? If so, does it show the point of assembly?
Old 07-21-2013, 02:25 AM   #12
gollygirl1

I had a look in the door and it just says "Toyota Australia" and 6/13 and Vin etc, no mention of the country there.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #13
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
I had a look in the door and it just says "Toyota Australia" and 6/13 and Vin etc, no mention of the country there.
Thanks for checking.