Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #19
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathycnm View Post
It's much nicer looking. Would have been a temptation if I wasn't on such a tight budget this go around. I love that the gas mileage is improving. I passed up a couple 2013 deals cause theileage was a disappointment. Paying 1k work miles outta pocket, ya know. Still no VIN, sigh.
I think you will look back and feel you made the right decision re a Yaris over a 2013 Corolla.....but then again, I disliked the looks of the Corolla until the 2014 model .

I'd also pay attention to CTScott finding the lack of a VIN# odd at this point......perhaps ask the dealer why no VIN# yet and you can gauge for yourself whether the response is straightforward or waffling and go from there.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #20
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

Drives: 2014 Waveline Pearl SE
They say no VIN till it's on the truck. I do have an engine #. I've read that other places, too. Not till out of the port of entry. Just been 10 days. Oh well . . . Guessing 7-10 more.
cathycnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:48 PM   #21
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

Hi CT - I have the engine #. Info from several sources says no VIN till thru the port of entry. Been 10 days. Hoping 7-10 from now, I'm driving it. I'm exceptionally rural.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #22
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

No VIN yet, but the dealer says it's any day.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #23
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

Hmmm. Still no Yaris. A flood of new Corollas made it to my rural dealer. Guessing they took up the truck space. Guessing they truck LA to Denver then W again, but hoping they stop on the W side of the divide first because the flooding in Denver is serious so I am sure it could be another bottleneck. Sort of glad it hasn't left the port. But where is it?

I'm going in on Sat to test drive an automatic L that did come in. Patience . . . The dealer has been nice. We are just no where close to a port or a veritable city.

Any guesses if it's LA, Denver then back W. Or if it's W on like I70 w stops at the rural dealer before Denver?
Old 09-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #24
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathycnm View Post
Hmmm. Still no Yaris. A flood of new Corollas made it to my rural dealer. Guessing they took up the truck space. Guessing they truck LA to Denver then W again, but hoping they stop on the W side of the divide first because the flooding in Denver is serious so I am sure it could be another bottleneck. Sort of glad it hasn't left the port. But where is it?

I'm going in on Sat to test drive an automatic L that did come in. Patience . . . The dealer has been nice. We are just no where close to a port or a veritable city.

Any guesses if it's LA, Denver then back W. Or if it's W on like I70 w stops at the rural dealer before Denver?
Did you get the name of the ship, so you can see if that ship has docked yet? My dealer not just had the VIN for me, but also had the ship name, and I was able to track it through one of the ship tracking sites.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #25
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

Yes, the ship is already back in Japan. Dropped of my car 2.5 weeks ago. So we are a week behind schedule so far. The carollas came when the dealer thought the Yaris would. And now flooding here. Still not on dealer's inventory, so still at the port. Slow process. But not in a huge hurry, either. Thanks CT
Old 09-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #26
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

Yaris shipping to Denver via rail, then to my town by truck

Ok, so car goes LA to Denver via rail. Dealership shipment locator down for two days. No idea if it shipped. Sort of hoping it was not in Denver during the rain. Commercial Denver drying out, but still not operational and more rain coming. So, first new car in 12+ Yeats and I time it during a corolla roll out and a devastating 100 year flood. Things could be a lot worse than waiting on a car, though. Maybe by October? Will post updates and someday a photo.