Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #1
rcvmini

Drives: 2009 Yaris HB
Offically now a Yaris owner

The wife and I picked up a used 2009 Yaris with about 100,000 kms on it. We had been looking for a little while and finally found a deal that was worth the effort.

Had to go see the car twice because the guy selling it was so busy and worked odd hours. Worked out in our favor cause I think it would have been bought up sooner otherwise.

This will be our daily driver so the classic austin mini will become a garage queen/sunday car

The motorcycle stays but the trusty scooter has to go :S

Hope to learn and also contribute to these forums
rcvmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
cathycnm
Mini Pearl

Drives: 2014 Waveline Pearl SE
Welcome to the forum. I'm waiting (3.5 weeks so far) on a new Yaris from the port. Cool to see other new people. Color? Trim? And what made you pick a Yaris?
cathycnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:18 AM   #3
rcvmini

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathycnm View Post
Welcome to the forum. I'm waiting (3.5 weeks so far) on a new Yaris from the port. Cool to see other new people. Color? Trim? And what made you pick a Yaris?

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry to hear your waiting... i hate waiting for new ANYTHING.

I'm in Vancouver Canada and they seem to have lots of new ones in stock here.

We got a 2009 in metallic white (not sure the name of the colour but would like to find out as I need to cover some stone chips)

Trim I think we got an LE cause we have the 60/40 split rear seats, all the power options and alarm, ac and its automatic

Got it so my wife can learn to drive and I can use it to commute to work.

I decided on a yaris after doing some research on what was the best econo car.

Liked the Yaris over its competition (Honda civic, Kia etc) cause for the price range we were looking (4-7 thousand) this was the best value.

The car we got is nice, was used as a company car so almost new looking interior seats except for the drivers.

Only issue with it is the passenger side window will only go up with the switch on the drivers side but won't go down.... But will only go down on the passenger side switch.

So I am doing some reading on this forum to hope to figure that out.

*** the BIG thing that made me pick the yaris was that we were going to buy a high-mileage car and the yaris engine with the chain over the belt of the honda won out.

ALSO the HB was a must as we wanted a car that could carry lots of stuff but was still small
Old 09-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcvmini View Post
Thanks for the welcome. Sorry to hear your waiting... i hate waiting for new ANYTHING.

I'm in Vancouver Canada and they seem to have lots of new ones in stock here.

We got a 2009 in metallic white (not sure the name of the colour but would like to find out as I need to cover some stone chips)

Trim I think we got an LE cause we have the 60/40 split rear seats, all the power options and alarm, ac and its automatic

Got it so my wife can learn to drive and I can use it to commute to work.

I decided on a yaris after doing some research on what was the best econo car.

Liked the Yaris over its competition (Honda civic, Kia etc) cause for the price range we were looking (4-7 thousand) this was the best value.

The car we got is nice, was used as a company car so almost new looking interior seats except for the drivers.

Only issue with it is the passenger side window will only go up with the switch on the drivers side but won't go down.... But will only go down on the passenger side switch.

So I am doing some reading on this forum to hope to figure that out.

*** the BIG thing that made me pick the yaris was that we were going to buy a high-mileage car and the yaris engine with the chain over the belt of the honda won out.

ALSO the HB was a must as we wanted a car that could carry lots of stuff but was still small

Welcome. There was a recall notice this past year on the driver's side power window switch assembly, where the grease used within it carbonizes. With the loss of function of one of the switches on yours it may very well be that.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:57 AM   #5
rcvmini

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Welcome. There was a recall notice this past year on the driver's side power window switch assembly, where the grease used within it carbonizes. With the loss of function of one of the switches on yours it may very well be that.
Good to know. I checked and it seems the drivers side switch for the passenger window is busted and sometimes stays a little too up or down causing interference to the switch on the passenger side.

Looking at getting a replacement just for that switch and see if that fixes it.