Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #19
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
just stay positive! i bought my second yaris(one identical to yours except an 08) without knowing how to drive a stick period - the salesman basically taught me! it was significantly less than the other cars on the lot(as 'base' as you can get) and i figured 'i can do this!'. after stalling it a few times on the way home i practiced driving around my subdivision at night and in the mall parking lot down the street. yes, there were a couple times of remorse in my decision, but after a few days i was golden. good luck!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #20
vaironl

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 door, manual tran
Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
just stay positive! i bought my second yaris(one identical to yours except an 08) without knowing how to drive a stick period - the salesman basically taught me! it was significantly less than the other cars on the lot(as 'base' as you can get) and i figured 'i can do this!'. after stalling it a few times on the way home i practiced driving around my subdivision at night and in the mall parking lot down the street. yes, there were a couple times of remorse in my decision, but after a few days i was golden. good luck!
That's a tough one. I was originally gonna get a Mazda 2, and that was gonna be the plan.... on heavy traffic. I'm glad I dint go through that.
vaironl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:31 AM   #21
yarisgeo13
yarisgeo13

Drives: gloss black 5 door
Send a message via Yahoo to yarisgeo13
Welcome and congrats on the new purchase! Learning standard isn't that hard. Just find a open parking lot. I have a 2013 4-dr. lift back. I like the automatic because of the city and WAY to many stop signs! So, in my case an automatic is my best choice.
yarisgeo13 is offline   Reply With Quote