Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
ekakutsuri

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
I want luxury upgrades.

I've just recently decided that I'm gonna stick with my 2007 Yaris Four Door Sedan for a long time to come. As such, I'd like to work to bring it to a higher standard as time goes by. What I'd really like is to bring my vehicle up to a 'luxury vehicle' sedan standard. Not for racing, but for the comfort of myself and my passengers.

I have very little idea of where to start. I want to talk to an auto body shop, but I'd like to have some idea what I'm talking about before I do. I'm also finding information that indicates that I can damage the trade-in value of my car if I customize too heavily.

While I'm willing to sacrifice a little value for a comfortable car, I'd like to know what I can add on that would improve or at least not damage it. For instance, I understand that the Japanese version has a push-button start. If I could somehow import the parts for it, would having it installed change the value of the car?

I'm also thinking about upgrading my seats and interior. I'd love to have more comfortable seats all around, and leather seems like a worthwhile material to add... do I have any options to get some of those 8-way adjustable seats from the Avalon? What about the touchscreen navigation system...it looks like it has the same profile across the different Toyotas.

I also didn't get the the 'Power Pack'. Could I talk to a Toyota dealer and get them to install that now?

I've tried to dig around on the forum to answer these questions, but I haven't come up with a lot of satisfactory data. I'm still digging, but thought I would approach the community as more than a lurker to get my answers.

I really am not sure how to start. Can anyone help?

Last edited by ekakutsuri; 07-16-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Grammar in the title
ekakutsuri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avalon, luxury, sedan, trade, upgrade