Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-18-2006, 09:22 AM   #1
tonywenzel

Drives: Z33, NCP91
Seibon parts?

Has anyone heard if Seibon will make a carbon front lip for the Yaris? I want a simple front lip spoiler but I don't want to have to order it from Japan.
tonywenzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:13 AM   #2
Teruyume

Drives: 06 Yaris RS
Send a message via MSN to Teruyume
i want it too, but don't think there's any :(
GP Racing GR-6 15x7
Kumho Ecsta AST 195/50R15
Tanabe DF210
JDM LED Tail lights
Teruyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:50 PM   #3
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
ugh... don't buy Seibon... the company that makes parts for Seibon is the same company that makes parts for VIS... they're shoddy quality, and are actually fiberglass parts overlayed with 1 or 2 ply of Carbon Fibre.
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:28 AM   #4
EnduroMTS

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Send a message via AIM to EnduroMTS
Seibon does not have any parts for the Yaris yet... If you go my thread on our yaris build, you look closly you can see our CARBON FIBER HOOD!!! ;) no one's noticed that yet..
EnduroMTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #5
tonywenzel

Drives: Z33, NCP91
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroMTS
Seibon does not have any parts for the Yaris yet... If you go my thread on our yaris build, you look closly you can see our CARBON FIBER HOOD!!! ;) no one's noticed that yet..
Is your CF hood something your company makes and sells? Interested.
tonywenzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #6
BulletProofAuto

Drives: 00 itr
quality of the majority of cfrp products from usa pale in comparison to what comes from japan. anyone local i welcome them to come by our warehouse to see high quality carbon products from japan and compare them to seibon or vis products.
BulletProofAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:51 PM   #7
EnduroMTS

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Send a message via AIM to EnduroMTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonywenzel
Is your CF hood something your company makes and sells? Interested.
The Carbon Fiber hoods are made by our company. Rite now we only have the MOLD and 1 test fit shown in the image. We will be mass producing them, just not yet. after SEMA the fun will start. In the mean time I'll keep everyone posted.
EnduroMTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:05 PM   #8
paultyler_82

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroMTS
The Carbon Fiber hoods are made by our company. Rite now we only have the MOLD and 1 test fit shown in the image. We will be mass producing them, just not yet. after SEMA the fun will start. In the mean time I'll keep everyone posted.
How do you make them? If I can't find a suitable hood, I'm going to be doing my own with a 3ply top, Nomex honeycomb core, and 1 or 2 ply inner section with inter-laminated aluminum or magnesium hollow-tube frame and aluminum or magnesium mounting points for factory brackets and closure. HOPEFULLY I'll be able to shave 3-5 pounds from the factory hood with this type of hood. I'm planning on painting the hood, unlike those Cosmetic CF hoods, I like mine for the weight savings, not the look.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:39 PM   #9
BulletProofAuto

there are already hoods available from c-one and varis. buy a high quality hood the first time instead of dealing with fitment and quality issues later on.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:12 PM   #10
paultyler_82

Quote:
Originally Posted by john@bp
there are already hoods available from c-one and varis. buy a high quality hood the first time instead of dealing with fitment and quality issues later on.
How are the Varis hoods? Are they CF only or is there Fiberglass mat in there too? Do they use the factory hinges and latch? I like how they look, I'm not a fan of the C-One hood scoop.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:13 PM   #11
BulletProofAuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultyler_82
How are the Varis hoods? Are they CF only or is there Fiberglass mat in there too? Do they use the factory hinges and latch? I like how they look, I'm not a fan of the C-One hood scoop.
It's a carbon fiber hood, so fiberglass frame with carbon overlay. But unlike most usdm hoods, there is a lot more carbon then fiber in their products.

The drawback to Varis is that they are a huge supplier to GT and Super Taikyu teams in Japan along with some other smaller race series. They place the race teams as a higher priority so their wholesale clients(us) get bumped down. Because of this the wait time is normally 3+ months for anything from them...but it's well worth the wait in terms of the quality of product.