Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Why's? hatchback was actually cleaned!

so i just picked my car up from the auto body shop, and it really looks better than ever, so I decided to get some decent pics. So then I thought I would start an official thread type thing too, just because I can.

So far it has tint to Mass state limits, an Autometer Phantom tach, and Volk Racing CE28N wheels 14x5.5 with Yokohama AS430 tires 185/65/14. Oh, and no back seat, or much else back there. I still need to take out the top of the rear seatbelts, and I am debating removing the panels all together.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Why was why? in the body shop?
Old 09-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Why was why? in the body shop?
I sideswiped a stop sign at work one day looking for a spot. It was rainy and i couldn't see really well(i can't see very well on a perfect day though, bad eyesight and no depth perception) and i turned in too close to it. Massive damage all along the passenger side, especially near the rear wheel well. They had to replace that panel, and fix some damage from the door. Cost the insurance co $1500, and me $400.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
What is the reason to remove your seats and interior panels?
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
What is the reason to remove your seats and interior panels?
Because I think I've used the rear seat a total of 2 times in the 4 years I have owned the car, and it was reported all that stuff weighs about 100lbs or so. I figured taking it out would save me something on gas.

It is mostly about weight savings, although who knows, their have been some ideas going through my head on doing something to the interior to make it unique and interesting.

Although I will say the area under there is incredibly dirty and greasy, I am definitely going to have to clean it all if I leave it open like it is.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
henry33

Drives: yaris1.33
are you planning to clean interior ? the dust is covering you dash like 1 cm on all surface :)
henry33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

that is actually clean. You should have seen it before it went into the shop.

I'm not the type to be super crazy about perfection when it comes to cleaning. The extra 3 or so hours to get it that last 10% simply isn't worth it for me.

Then again, I'm also not the type to enter into a show or spend the entire weekend cleaning and fiddling with my car. Although I do want to learn more about it.

Ok, taking time for cleaning at all usually isn't worth it to me, unless it gets too bad. It is love bug season down here, so even I clean the outside of my car of those gross things. Man I want a flamethrower.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #8
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

So I just put in a new ipod adapter for my alpine deck, the first one lasted about four years before it disintegrated. For $20, I'm think that is alright. Thanks to having an Alpine deck put in it literally took 5 minutes to take it apart and put it back together again. Now I just need to wait for the adapter for the iphone to come in so it will charge it as well.

Next I really want to get my battery looking like it was mounted nicely. I have a mount, but it lays the battery down and the wires are too short. I need to find someone who knows how to deal with that to help me extend them a few inches. Anyone in the ma area?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #9
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
Nice job, now get some glasses lol
TRD sportivo springs,Tokico Blue Shock/Struts,TRD rear sway bar & front bar,Tanabe engine bar,MI hoses (red), MI engine cover,SRI intake,VIOS vent visors,VIOS foglights,VIOS tails (HELLA lights & the Series 5 too),VIOS radio,VIOS badge,VIOS grill,18 inch R-1 rims wrapped in nankang tires 215/35-18z,chrome handles,retrofited the headlights, SHARK body kit (VIOS), Coming soon projectors heads with LED strip, Custom seats, MI hood lifts,MI momo steering wheel, sound system :)
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #10
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Yup glasses. And man try again cleaning that dash and steering wheel, must be really dusty around ur area
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

cleaning is a waste of time. And I am blind, glasses can't help me. I have to wait for cybernetics to be a reality.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #12
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
u can legally hold a license if ur eyes are so bad u cant have it corrected? god up here i get questioned where my glasses are (my license says i need corrective lenses) and i need to explain how i use contacts
Old 05-24-2011, 02:17 AM   #13
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
^^^ that sucks
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #14
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
cleaning is a waste of time. And I am blind, glasses can't help me. I have to wait for cybernetics to be a reality.
If you was "blind" trust me you wouldn't have a Lic.
As to the cleaning part to each its own, but if u think its a waste of time I can imagine how ur crib is
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #15
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
u can legally hold a license if ur eyes are so bad u cant have it corrected? god up here i get questioned where my glasses are (my license says i need corrective lenses) and i need to explain how i use contacts
Because I am not legally blind, just rather close. I have no depth perception and my left eye is almost worthless. I pass the minimal joke of an eye exam they do at the dmv's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
If you was "blind" trust me you wouldn't have a Lic.
As to the cleaning part to each its own, but if u think its a waste of time I can imagine how ur crib is
You might be surprised. Check the laws around, you don't need vision checks every year, only when you renew. And when states like Florida have a decade between renewals, i bet there are a few legally blind people who still drive.

And you actually can't. Just because I don't obsessively clean my car like I have no life and nothing else to do doesn't mean I am messy. It means you have way too much time on your hands.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #16
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Did they leave overspray inside the wheelwells and on the shock?

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #17
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

so i've been actually tracking my gas mileage.