Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:19 AM   #1
Schmingie

Drives: 06 Yaris LE 5dr
Squeaks, rattles and noises.

I have found my Yaris to have lots of rattles and noises from the interior.

The glove box was rattling - sounding like it was coming from the a-pillar. I still have rattling from the back somewhere, in the dash somewhere and both front doors.

Anyone else experiencing this?

You would figure working at a dealer this would be looked after, but as an employee my car always comes in last and its tough to get it in to be looked at.

S.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
strange, my Yaris goes softly as a cloud, unless of courze, if I am goin' over 3500rpm.... I would suggest you bring it back for a check up.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #3
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Are the rattles happening all of the time, or only certain times? Like maybe at certain speeds?
Old 02-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #4
Polar_Yaris

Drives: 2006 Yaris 5 dr LE Auto
My instrument cluster rattles like crazy when the car is moving!! Only has 3000km!! It is driving me crazy...
Old 02-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #5
yariman
Speed Wrenchin'

Drives: 2006 Yaris 3 door, Bayou Blue
Should'nt rattle at all Schminqie, give em sh--! Tell em to treat you better or you'll go to the garage across the street LOL.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #6
Schmingie

Drives: 06 Yaris LE 5dr
LOL - hehe thinking of quiting so that I can just be aregular customer - it will get looked after then.

S.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #7
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
had ours for about 3 months now. no problems whatsoever. you should have yours looked at.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmingie
I have found my Yaris to have lots of rattles and noises from the interior.

The glove box was rattling - sounding like it was coming from the a-pillar. I still have rattling from the back somewhere, in the dash somewhere and both front doors.

Anyone else experiencing this?

You would figure working at a dealer this would be looked after, but as an employee my car always comes in last and its tough to get it in to be looked at.

S.
If there's a rattle in the back, check the sub-floor in the hatch, my RS wheel lock socket was bouncing around in the tray...

If you have stuff in the bins/gloveboxes, then they will bounce around...
Old 02-09-2006, 10:33 PM   #9
paco

Drives: 2002 MINI Cooper
Eeek! My 2002 Cooper is a rattle-king... and the local MINI dealerships do not really care about rattles unfortunately.

I am thinking about a switch to the Yaris, but rattles are driving me crazy... especially on a brand new car! :(

As a positive note, the demo car was super quiet during my test drive (at least compared to my current car)!

I think you should have them look at it!

--
paco
Old 02-13-2006, 01:59 AM   #10
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
My RS is not completely free from squeaks and rattles but fortunately they happen only on rough road surfaces and are at an acceptable level.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:29 AM   #11
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
I found rattling from my dash as well, and when I was starting up, heard some resonance noise (metal noise) from the back as well, everything was tied up, and I check the spare tire area, nothing should be moving. Probably is something outside the car. Brought it back to the dealership, and the technician said it's a Yaris, don't expect the quietness in Camry or higher class cars... ...
Old 02-13-2006, 06:35 PM   #12
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
This morning I discovered that when I engaged the reverse gear, there was a low level rattle of some kind, sounding like some metallic part was vibrating because of lack of proper harnessing/cushioning. It did not appear to be important. I will mention it to the dealership when the car is due for service.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #13
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Another contributor to rattles is if you have upgraded to larger (16-17") aftermarket alloys with low profile tires...
Old 02-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #14
as400g33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabL
I found rattling from my dash as well, and when I was starting up, heard some resonance noise (metal noise) from the back as well, everything was tied up, and I check the spare tire area, nothing should be moving. Probably is something outside the car. Brought it back to the dealership, and the technician said it's a Yaris, don't expect the quietness in Camry or higher class cars... ...
thats , man... have no problems with noise on ours and we've had ours for 3 months now. to illustrate the problem to the technician, have him ride both your dealer's demo car and yours. I doubt the dealer demo car will also have those rattles.

a car is the 2nd most expensive thing (next to a house) that a person will buy in his lifetime.

even if its not a camry, you have the right to get 100% satisfaction from your purchase.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:29 AM   #15
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
This morning I discovered that when I engaged the reverse gear, there was a low level rattle of some kind, sounding like some metallic part was vibrating because of lack of proper harnessing/cushioning. It did not appear to be important. I will mention it to the dealership when the car is due for service.
I have the same rattle with mine, it seems to come from under the car, strange. I assume that's from the heat shield around the muffler or stuff making the noise.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:30 AM   #16
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by as400g33k
thats , man... have no problems with noise on ours and we've had ours for 3 months now. to illustrate the problem to the technician, have him ride both your dealer's demo car and yours. I doubt the dealer demo car will also have those rattles.

a car is the 2nd most expensive thing (next to a house) that a person will buy in his lifetime.

even if its not a camry, you have the right to get 100% satisfaction from your purchase.
Well, I did have a 10 mins drive with the technician, and that's what he said to me. He said what he heard is normal... blah blah blah...
Old 02-14-2006, 09:42 AM   #17
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Yo, which dealer did you went to in Toronto?
Old 02-15-2006, 12:21 AM   #18
as400g33k

time to lay the smackdown on that dealership. get a 2nd opinion on a different service center. if they confirm that it is a default, bring it up with your service station manager, then to your dealer manager then to toyota canada customer service.

never give up!
Closed Thread