Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-02-2014, 08:03 AM   #73
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Title misleading.. Need to make another thread for my build thread.. oops
Old 05-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #74
ilikerice

Title fixed...yea
Old 05-05-2014, 07:26 AM   #75
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
ripped off someone else's name it looks like lol

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #76
ilikerice

LMAO, mod chose that title. I can request another change, I just don't know what I want it to be yet..
Old 05-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #77
Form>Function

lol nah just giving you a hard time

Old 05-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #78
ilikerice

A few shots at a recent autocross event in Amelia air port.

back to stock bumpers
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2014, 01:49 PM   #79
ilikerice

New project is happening. Ordered parts Monday. Will arrive 4-6 weeks. Doing last bit I can to the yaris before it arrives. Then the car will no longer see any upgrades besides tires and maintenance. Spending all my turbo money I saved on this new project. Wife likes this project more than the car anyways so she doesn't mind me spending this money on it.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #80
Form>Function

oooo what is it?

Old 06-27-2014, 10:32 PM   #81
ilikerice

not car related unfortunately...
Old 07-22-2014, 04:32 AM   #82
ilikerice

So this is my next big build. I am currently content with my yaris setup for now. I still would like to turbo it, but I don't have to space or extra car at the moment. So this is the next big thing. Something I have wanted to do for a really long time, and finally got the courage to go through with it.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #83
Yarisaur

Drives: 07 Yaris
What is it^??
Yarisaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #84
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Looks like Ironman cosplay?

On a car-related note, did you ever figure out where to wire the wideband O2 sensor? I'm thinking that I'll run mine through the firewall by the passenger strut tower. I've got the tools to remove the pins and/or re-crimp them on the gauge side. I'm concerned about salt damage to the external connector, but it seems to be a sealed OEM-style. I can't wait to move somewhere that doesn't salt their roads.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #85
ilikerice

@Cranky
Yes, I finally got my gauges installed. I ended up going down the drivers fender and cut a small slit in the rubber grommet where harness goes from the door to the body frame (mirrors, locks, window wires). THen just ran them and I connected it to the ignition switch connector. I will have pictures up in a bit later.

This is what I want it to look like:
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2014, 06:19 AM   #86
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
^SO much better than Ironman!
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:13 AM   #87
ilikerice

Here is my gauge pod with gauges. I only have my A/F gauge working. The other 2 are oil pressure gauges but are not hooked up. Just place holders because its a real eye sore with open pods right in my face. Color looks pretty dead on. Although the top doesn't quite sit flush with the OE panel. It will do.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #88
Freestylin

Drives: 09 Blizzard Pearl RS LB
Cool gauges! Did you use fiberglass over the OEM panel to make the A pillar pods?
“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” ― Ayrton Senna
Freestylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:25 PM   #89
ilikerice

No.
I bought them off a member here. It's plastic. Nothing special. I got the paint from CTscott. I only used like an ounce. Got so much more left over.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:48 PM   #90
ilikerice

Time for an update

Well, finished up this season in STF in 2nd place overall Pax. I wish I did more National events, only did 1 this year. Going to hang up the STF magnets and start running SMF from now on. Gonna try and spank some B series Civics and Integra's that show up, haha..

Just finished putting my 1zz throttle body back on and the Nitto Mid Pipe, which I feel is a bit small, but it will do. Also wired up the CamCom VVTi controller. Started it up and running smooth. Happy about that. Now I just need to get it tuned on a Dyno before running it. Need to find someone who is willing to tune with this.

Hood is being repainted and I think I will start repairing the bumpers and side skirts. Have a lot of paint chips and damage from autocrossing and driving to Kentucky and back. Having 2 car garage is nice also.
Attached Images