Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-03-2009, 06:34 AM   #37
1nz

Drives: Vios
well.. that was the case with my car, the have to order the emanage kit because its not sold separately, since camcon wirinig for us and japan are the same maybe the ecu wiring are the same also

greddyvios.blogspot.com
1nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:05 AM   #38
1nz

greddyvios.blogspot.com
Old 05-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #39
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Now that we have seen some good NA results with this piggyback let's see how well it works with boost. Also you don't have a CEL correct?
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:06 AM   #40
1nz

Yup, no CEL

greddyvios.blogspot.com
Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #41
taKuto
rice rocket

Drives: 05 Echo
any luck with sharing the maps?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #42
1nz

i got the base map that gave me 5hp increase but the tuned map is locked as the tuner dont want it to be copied

greddyvios.blogspot.com
Old 05-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #43
taKuto
rice rocket

Drives: 05 Echo
how'd you get a copy of that? I thought it was passworded
if you've got a copy of that i'm sure some of us would still be interested in it
Old 05-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #44
1nz

it was locked but when the emanage was installed i connected it to my laptop and click here and there and my car wont start so when the tuner fixed it he unlocked it for my hehe

greddyvios.blogspot.com
Old 05-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #45
botchilah

Drives: white and red shiny things
On a lot of other forums people hate the EMU. Had one in my Supra, didnt seem to want to hold the part-throttle tune very well. It would almost always run a bit differently. I took it out and simply went SAFCII. Lost a whole lot of midrange power but the top-end is the same. Sad I couldn't get mine to work to the level I was happy. I'm glad you got yours working right. :)

RE GReddy filing for chapter 11, I believe it was TRUST, the parent Japanese company that did. GReddy itself is a US marketing company of TRUST but was financially unaffected by the downturn of the parent company. It was in one of the last issues of SCC :( AFAIK TRUST has been going through restructuring and signs are pretty good according to other sources.

RE AEM having poor customer relations sucking, yeah, so many guys in supraforums and other forums say the same about AEM. The AEM EMS PnP Gen1 sucks and blows for a whole lot of people but some who get them right swear by them. I hope the guy installing his EMS has no problems! I'm waiting for the AEM EMS Gen2 PnP for my Supra as well. I wonder if they'll have a PnP kit for the Yaris as well hehehehe :) Last I heard it was slated for an August release date. ANyone know otherwise?

PS forgot to add I also have a Hot Bits or Hits exhaust manifold too. It's straighter and less convulted and has slightly bigger exhaust runners (like 2-3mm bigger). It's made in China, one-piece design. I like it, not bad for about U$220.00 in your money. I still haven't hit the dyno as I'm tryng to decide what sort of fuelling/ignition option I will use. With the CAI I put in though, the low-end power and response is first-rate!
08' Yaris HB 5dr: RAYS 57 Motorsports 17X7 / K&N SRI / TANABE axleback exhaust / ULTRA RACING complete braces / MEGAN RACING complete braces / NEX coilovers / NEX 330mm 4-pot front BBK / PENGUIN GARAGE hub spacers / HOTBITS headers / BUDDY CLUB oil cap and rad cap / APP SS brake lines / HKS synthetic lubes / RECARO SR5 seats / TRD shiftknob / cheap FEDERAL (free) tires lol. NEXT: HKS F-CON iS

Last edited by botchilah; 05-07-2009 at 01:37 PM.
botchilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #46
1nz

hot bits exhaust and manifold for your supra or yaris?? part-throttle tune?? well tuner only did full throttle tune, he didnt even adjust the auto-shift function in the emanage

EMU is ok its the only thing available that works for my car, i dont think i can get the same power w/ just safc as i tried camcon which able to change my a/f ratio but wasnt able to increase my power not even 1hp so the ignition timing + a/f gave me 12hp increase

greddyvios.blogspot.com
Old 05-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #47
botchilah

Drives: white and red shiny things
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nz View Post
hot bits exhaust and manifold for your supra or yaris?? part-throttle tune?? well tuner only did full throttle tune, he didnt even adjust the auto-shift function in the emanage

EMU is ok its the only thing available that works for my car, i dont think i can get the same power w/ just safc as i tried camcon which able to change my a/f ratio but wasnt able to increase my power not even 1hp so the ignition timing + a/f gave me 12hp increase

Hot Bits manifold for my Yaris sorry :) In hindsight I guess it boils down to the tuner and how comfortable he is with the gear and well he knows his stuff. I used to have a Motec M800 in my Supra and took it off because I wasn't happy at all. The guy who used to own my Supra and had put in the Motec also has an R34 GTR but someone else tuned it and he's happy with the tune of his R34 GTR which made just a shade under 1000whp on C16. I would have gotten the same guys to tune mine but these guys were from Croydon Racing Development in Australia and the previous owner (rich as f**k) brought them over here just to tune his R34. No way I'm spending that much money lol
08' Yaris HB 5dr: RAYS 57 Motorsports 17X7 / K&N SRI / TANABE axleback exhaust / ULTRA RACING complete braces / MEGAN RACING complete braces / NEX coilovers / NEX 330mm 4-pot front BBK / PENGUIN GARAGE hub spacers / HOTBITS headers / BUDDY CLUB oil cap and rad cap / APP SS brake lines / HKS synthetic lubes / RECARO SR5 seats / TRD shiftknob / cheap FEDERAL (free) tires lol. NEXT: HKS F-CON iS
botchilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #48
1nz

hm.. now im confused, where does hot bits came from? i tought it was from malaysia, but in the malaysian catalog i cant find application for the new vios only the old vios which i was told it could be different in the flange area and the length

greddyvios.blogspot.com