Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Hawaii
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
SMRFIN

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
Plates?

Aloha!

I bought my hatchback ages ago and keep meaning to post... What a fun forum!
I'm learning a lot so far.

Anyway, I had this rockin' license plate for my Blazing Blue Yaris hatchback: SMRFIN. (I hope you can figure that one out. I'm not sure why I had to explain it to so many of my high school students.)

It's a cool plate and all, but imagine my surprise when I came out one morning to see it had been jacked! I mean, who goes around and steals license plates? My students explained that it was probably because it makes a drug reference (Smurfs live under mushrooms = 'shroomer.)

When I filed the police report, the officer said that he's done a LOT of missing plate complaints lately. In fact when I went in to get the replacement, I just showed the police report, paid five dollars, and they just handed me new plates. For some reason, they make you wait a month to get regular numbered plates, but if they're stolen, they magically have them right under the counter!

Anyone else had problems with stolen plates?
SMRFIN is offline   Reply With Quote