Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #91
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Doing some painting now
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #92
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
painted projectors and crome parts I also sprayed some primer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_0807.jpg (148.8 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg 102_0809.jpg (223.6 KB, 187 views)
Old 10-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #93
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
hurry up jumpman. ;)

I believe you're the first one to actually paint the projectors? But the plastic is still on it?
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #94
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
You may have to cut a piece out above the reflector so the projector doesn't hit it and so you can lower the cut off. You'll see when you go to put then back together. I see you didn't remove the rings before you tried to put the projector in.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #95
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
You may have to cut a piece out above the reflector so the projector doesn't hit it and so you can lower the cut off. You'll see when you go to put then back together. I see you didn't remove the rings before you tried to put the projector in.
Yeah I know I felt dumb lol, do I really need to do this even tho there is a bolt in the back to lower the light?
Old 10-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #96
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
hurry up jumpman. ;)

I believe you're the first one to actually paint the projectors? But the plastic is still on it?
Naa I think Brian did it as well I think it looks better so all u see is the light and the halo
Old 10-21-2009, 04:34 PM   #97
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
Naa I think Brian did it as well I think it looks better so all u see is the light and the halo
Well actually, because the chrome on the projector is like a mirror, it actually reflects the black from the painted housing, and it looks like black chrome.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #98
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

mmm didnt think of that, but oh well i have em painted now then it shouldnt be a problem or i would think so. You should stick around so that you can help me with the electrical part of the project.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:55 PM   #99
PETERPOOP

that's the easiest part! i have to actually go to class and then get a new hi flow cat installed; so i won't be around. sorry! GL
Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #100
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
that's the easiest part! i have to actually go to class and then get a new hi flow cat installed; so i won't be around. sorry! GL
YOU SUCK!! Hopefully I'll get help from Brian if he sticks around
Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #101
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Oh I forgot to mention I am running my halos to my fogs
Old 10-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #102
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Ok i am almost done. would have been done a while ago but i am taking my time and sitting around to much like now

Oh yeah the electrical was really easy easiest part of the project i would say the hardest was to put the housing together damn it was a pain in the ass
I scratch the paint off the projectors with the plastic crome part and didnt see it untill it was sealed on both my wife says "you can bearly see it" but i am really picky.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #103
Brian

Congrats. Did you cut the reflector housing below the projector?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #104
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

No i really dont need to

Why u ask?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #105
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
No i really dont need to

Why u ask?
To lower the cut off.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:40 PM   #106
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

There is a bolt in the back that does that
Old 10-21-2009, 09:41 PM   #107
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

It lowers it or raises it
Old 10-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #108
LEGATO``

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
PICTURES?!?!?!?!?!?!?

please :D