Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-19-2006, 07:41 AM   #19
DARK505

Drives: Subaru Impreza WRX
Well maybe the "yaris fever" will die down... but i have a feeling that unless the gas prices go down that cars such as the yaris will just grow in popularity... If you are really intrested in a yaris put in your deposit now! With all the people prepaying for the yari you would probably be waiting some time if you dont put your deposit on one... I was told that it would probably be a month + before i got mine... If you cant afford to wait then im sure you can find a comparible vehicle...

As far as the "new york vs standard"... in the last shipment we got in new mexico there was 2 standards and idk how many autos... the only one left was the standard sedan (less than a week after delivery)... The dealer said they have presold all of the next shipment that is coming in... idk wtfs going on but (at least in NM) no one seems to want a standard. So if what is going on here in NM holds true anywhere else it will not be as easy to get a standard. That makes it hard to find what you want as far as options go... Personally I will be holding out untill i get a black or blue standard LB. (Black very much preferred) with power options, but i would rather have a non-power black/blue than a power other color yaris (personal preference)

Chickon you have a RX8... why get a yaris when you have such a sweet car?
DARK505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:52 AM   #20
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
Probably a good idea to wait C. From the sounds of it Toyota USA mis-read the market, but they will adjust over time. In Canada there has always been more of a demand for cars like the Yaris LB, and to my knowledge there have been fewer instances of not being able to get what you want.
You might also find that attempting to bargain for a car that is in such demand is futile. I'm sure there are "deals" to be made on cars that are available, but if you say you are decided on a specific set of options you might have plop down a deposit, put in your order and wait. If the car you want is in short supply, there is no reason for the dealer to give you a price break.
BTW I have no idea how Toyota does their marketing in the U.S., but for me it was a relatively simple process of picking the model (RS), option pkg. (Pkg. B) , and accessories (lowering springs). I actually found Toyota much easier to deal with than Honda.
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:03 AM   #21
DARK505

Drives: Subaru Impreza WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko
I'm sure there are "deals" to be made on cars that are available.
At this point from what i have seen the only rebates toyota is offering is on leases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko
but if you say you are decided on a specific set of options you might have plop down a deposit, put in your order and wait.
Right now that is the best chance you have to get one (at least in my area... and the surrounding states) regardless of style. I want a certain model but because of the way toyota is doing thier marketing i can not be sure i will get that exact model. Well i guess i could sit at the top of the waiting list until my model comes through...

Quote:
If the car you want is in short supply, there is no reason for the dealer to give you a price break
True...right now the yaris is in such high demand that there will be no deals unless you lease one... well thats what ive found from my dealings with dealerships and research.
DARK505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:30 AM   #22
Chickon

Drives: Mazda RX-8
Thanks for the input guys.

Well, I got some quotes from 3 dealers, 1 from New York, 2 from PA(!!!)

Originally I sent 6 requests, 3 to NY, 1 to NJ, and 2 to PA.

I guess the other 2 NY dealers didnt even bother to reply my request.

NY replied
ABS(AB)
50 States Emission(FE)
-All-weather guard package(CP)
-Power Package(PQ)
-Remote Keyless Entry System (KE)
$13,385

One in PA
50 State Emissions .........................
All-Weather Guard Package: Larger Washer
Tank with Level Warning, Heavy Duty ........
Heater, Heavy Duty Starter, Rear Heater ....
Duct, Daytime Running Lights (DRL) .........
Anti-Lock Brakes System (ABS) .......
Remote Keyless Entry System
Power Package with 15-in. Steel Wheels:
Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Power .....
Outside Mirrors, 60/40 Split, Reclining, ...
Sliding and Fold-flat Rear Seat, AM/FM CD ..
with MP3/WMA Playback Capability and .......
Auxiliary Audio Jack, Rear Wiper, Rear .....
Defroster and 15-in. Steel Wheels with .....
Full Covers ................................
Carpeted Floor Mats/Cargo Mat
$13610.00

Last one, PA again :
50 State Emissions .........................
All-Weather Guard Package: Larger Washer ...
Tank with Level Warning, Heavy Duty ........
Heater, Heavy Duty Starter, Rear Heater ....
Duct, Daytime Running Lights (DRL) .........
Anti-Lock Brakes System (ABS) ..............
Remote Keyless Entry System ...............
Power Package with 15-in. Steel Wheels: ....
Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Power .....
Outside Mirrors, 60/40 Split, Reclining, ...
Sliding and Fold-flat Rear Seat, AM/FM CD ..
with MP3/WMA Playback Capability and .......
Auxiliary Audio Jack, Rear Wiper, Rear .....
Defroster and 15-in. Steel Wheels with .....
Full Covers ................................
Carpeted Floor Mats/Cargo Mat ..............
Preferred Owner's Portfolio..............
Arm Rest ...................................
$13062

Price is for Manual of course. Now I just replied them and ask how much extra does it cost for "Full Airbag /w side curtain airbag" option.

I think the last one has the best price and options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK505
Chickon you have a RX8... why get a yaris when you have such a sweet car?
This Yaris is not for me, is for my gf. Hell Im not going to get rid of my Rotary, Rx8 has no torque but with 9K redline Power just never ends. and Im going to Supercharge it , expecting it to pump at least 100 extra horse and Torque, 50/50 balance ....

Anyway, she like small cute cars. but theres one problem is that, if she gets it, Im planning to put some mod on it (nothing major, say, exhaust?) but if its Auto .... Im not going to put any money but Auto going to be SLOOOOOOOOOwwww ..... (100 horsepower ....)

I test drove the Sedan version so I know how it goes, yeah I know its not liftback, but they're about same weight so I guess performance would be around the same.
Chickon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:49 AM   #23
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal
NOPE... I believe that is wrong WHY? You only have to pay the sales tax for the state you live in once you register it. The dealership will give you the temp tags so you can get your butt home. Then once home you need to go to your licensing place and pay the tax and register it. I purchased a vehicle once in NJ and they actually did everything for me even though I was from another state. I paid the tax from the state I live in only

~Don't have it shipped. Just go and pick it up..... Also since you are in NY take a look at NJ. I think they offer the B package too. Its only NY and CT that I know of in the area that doesn't offer the B package.

Try looking up PA or NJ. Its alot closer for you then going to Maryland.
That is interesting. I have heard others say the opposite. I bet it is a state thing.