Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
signs

Drives: toyota yaris
Yaris safety pack - where is it located?

Hi all,

I recently pruchased a used Yaris YR (woot!) and wanted to know how I can tell if the car has an additional safety pack.

The person selling it was the second owner, and said she didn't think or didn't know whether it came with a safety pack. However, service records show that the model was a Yaris YR + Safety Pack. I looked around the interior to find additional clues, but did'n't see anything. Normally in other cars like the Mazda or Suzuki, they have 'SRS Airbag' enscribed on the plastic on the side of the car (where they have side airbags).

So, where is the Yaris side airbag normally located? And how do I know if my car has it?
signs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
The side airbags are located in the A-pillars and behind the headliner. Basically, no visual indicator unless you tear pieces apart, but you'll break the release-tabs set up to make sure the A-pillar covers and headliner rips away in the correct directly to let the airbags work. If the VIN and what-not decode as having the side airbags though, you have them.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #3
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by signs View Post
Hi all,

I recently pruchased a used Yaris YR (woot!) and wanted to know how I can tell if the car has an additional safety pack.

The person selling it was the second owner, and said she didn't think or didn't know whether it came with a safety pack. However, service records show that the model was a Yaris YR + Safety Pack. I looked around the interior to find additional clues, but did'n't see anything. Normally in other cars like the Mazda or Suzuki, they have 'SRS Airbag' enscribed on the plastic on the side of the car (where they have side airbags).

So, where is the Yaris side airbag normally located? And how do I know if my car has it?
Welcome to the forum. Just out of curiosity are you the person I gave the business card to at pizza hut last night?

If your car has the additional safety pack it will have "SRS Airbag" stamped on the pillars that run from the windscreen to the front door. It will be in a circle. Also if you look under the steering wheel you would find a "SRS Airbag" under there for the kneebag.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
signs

Drives: toyota yaris
thanks. No, I wasn't the one you met at pizza hut. Yes, I was looking for the SRS stamp on the side but I couldn't find any. I guess its not equipped with the side or knee airbags then.
signs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:38 AM   #5
Danish Yaris

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1,8 TS 5dr. 2007
Hi

The sideairbag is located in the front seats and there will be a little black slip on the seat cover that says airbag. The airbag in the a pillar is the curtain airbag.

Regards Steven.
Danish Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:43 AM   #6
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Yaris View Post
Hi

The sideairbag is located in the front seats and there will be a little black slip on the seat cover that says airbag. The airbag in the a pillar is the curtain airbag.

Regards Steven.

Good point, the black slip will be a little black tag attatched to the seat about chest height.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote