Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-28-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
hurabbas
I've made a post!

Drives: vitz 2007
speedo meter not getting dim

hi i have vitz 2007 model automatic transmission. i am facing a very unusual problem i.e my speed meter lights are not getting DIM when the parking light or the head lights are turned on in the dark light although the digital clock display goes dim when the parking light is turned on. though the speedometer light use to get dim be four this problem. i have tried removing the cable terminal of battery and speedometer but still the problem is same.
hurabbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #2
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
Ok, not sure this will help at all and I actually didn't drive my yaris today to check but this is true in most cars anyway. (it's on my corolla at least)

there is a dimmer switch on the left hand side that may have gotten turned all the way up and thus you aren't seeing a difference. you may want to just check to see if that dimmer switch got adjusted before really digging in too deep.

(I wish I had driven my yaris today)
Old 03-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #3
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
going with dimmer switch maxed out as well..

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The vitz does not have a dimmer rheostat, like our USDM Yaris do.

To change the dimming level:

Press the odometer mode switch from Odometer to Trip A to Trip B to Dimmer Level

Hold the odometer mode/reset switch in for more than one second to change the level.

When the battery is disconnected the cluster automatically goes back to 100% brightness mode.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:23 PM   #5
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The vitz does not have a dimmer rheostat, like our USDM Yaris do.

To change the dimming level:

Press the odometer mode switch from Odometer to Trip A to Trip B to Dimmer Level

Hold the odometer mode/reset switch in for more than one second to change the level.

When the battery is disconnected the cluster automatically goes back to 100% brightness mode.
Correct, PLUS you can only get this Dimmer adjustment mode when parklights are on.

However, why do i get the feeling the OP has optitron?

Out of topic: why do i get the feeling CTScott is not a real person rather a very smart computer AI program? He knows almost everything from cars everywhere. Hahaha
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboy View Post
Correct, PLUS you can only get this Dimmer adjustment mode when parklights are on.

However, why do i get the feeling the OP has optitron?

Out of topic: why do i get the feeling CTScott is not a real person rather a very smart computer AI program? He knows almost everything from cars everywhere. Hahaha
He just happens to know the Yaris inside out, having taken apart a few of them, and on top of being an engineer.. he does amazing things!
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #7
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
He just happens to know the Yaris inside out, having taken apart a few of them, and on top of being an engineer.. he does amazing things!
he does indeed.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote