Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-23-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
Adriaan
In between cities

Drives: 2006 yaris ce
Need help badly looking for engine swap places in gta

hey everyone, as the title says i'm looking for a place to swap my engine. Since my engine got hydrolocked with the last big rain storm in toronto. It hard to get help at 4am so I had to push the car home pass the fire dept, police station & collision station and tow truck places in the rain thanks to my quebec plates, couldn't get a tow truck and my street has like 10. ok my venting moment Anyways parked the car in the factory behind my place and was able to turn the crack 7/8 from what i believed after sucking out 2 liters of water. ( i know the car is 1.5 but it was all in the throttle body and engine) I found and engine at standards have to check it out may go with the 1.8 if it not to hard to install have to get more info first. If i had more time would have got a d4d
So if you know of any place that can do it well ( for those who have been to my place there may places on my street just don't know who good.) please let me know asap. It a long walk to the airport since i don't know the ttc routes with A,b, c buses. & patio isn't big enough to land my work helis & jets. Thanks for all the help in advance.
Adriaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #2
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Adriaan,
There is a company (in Scarbourough I believe) which specializes in Japanese brand engines. Can't think of the name off-hand but the yellow pages (or Google) may be your friend here. And pls. keep us posted on your progress.
Good Luck!

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Curious how you managed to hydro-lock. Your running stock air-box. I thought this was really only a risk if using aftermarket CAI systems.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
Adriaan
In between cities

Drives: 2006 yaris ce
i had switch the stock intake nozzle from the curve to a 45 degree elbow pointing down with a 4inch length hose. I helped alot on my long distance drive to and from montreal great gas mileage. Didn't think it would be the killer for my car. Never again staying with the stock tubing.
Adriaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
You might post a notice/alert in the performance forum.
I'll bet plenty of members are ducting air from the left fog light position and could be susceptible to the similar fate.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #6
Benggolf2

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS 4-Door LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSKOKA800 View Post
You might post a notice/alert in the performance forum.
I'll bet plenty of members are ducting air from the left fog light position and could be susceptible to the similar fate.

Very good suggestion. Always remember that all mods have certain disadvantages. More power, may also mean less reliability.

Mod with care if your car is meant to be a daily driver.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #7
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
ouch, Man We all feel your pain!!!
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Adriaan, didn't you want to get CAA membership at 4am and get it towed? Probably have been easier. And i'm sure toyota's road side assistance would've done it even after your warranty have expired. You would just have to pay the fee.

Let's us know how it turns out!
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote