Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #19
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Gonna Resurrect my old self progress thread that I never kept up with. Gonna flood it with pictures through out the past 2 years. Will try to keep it in chronological order
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #20
ilikerice

more pictures
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #21
ilikerice

and the finals
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #22
yPod09
All black everything.

Drives: '09 5dr All black.
That looks so good man! Love the new front bumper and hood! Beautiful!
yPod09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #23
ilikerice

Thanks. Its coming together slowly. Need boost so my looks can match my speed.. haha
Old 06-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #24
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Lovin it!
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #25
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
It's done! so nasty looking.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #26
ilikerice

yea, well, You know how they say "pictures don't look at good as it does in person".... This would be exact opposite. If you saw it in person, you could see all the gaps, cracks and parts where it wasn't filled in with bondo or fiberglass. I will settle for now.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #27
ilikerice

Well, I hit a dead.... something... racoon, armadillo, possum.

Was 5am in the morning and on the interstate, wasn't tail gating but was behind another car with the cruise control on..

Saw dead animal appear behind the car in front of me at the last second. No time to dodge fast enough. I bit down as hard as I could. Made a stupid face as I watched it dissappear under the bonnet.

I listened for noise. I could hear the bones breaking when it slammed in the middle of my front bumper. Then I realized, those were not bones, that was my fiberglass bumper being caved and cracking.

Soon after, I heard that son of a monkey bounce around my under carriage like a pin ball machine. After all the noise left and was in silence I tried to imagine the damage I will see when I pull over at the next available stop.

Shoulders slumped and with pure anger for all animals that find their way between 2 solid white lines, I gripped the steering wheel, knuckles whiter than a sheet of paper, trying to pull the damn thing off. Then I screamed, cursing nature for doing this to me again.

pictures will come when I get home.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #28
Flipper_1938

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Bummer. Are you gonna go back with the same style bumper cover? or try something different?

A coyote busted my stock bumper cover/lower grill. I bet he doesn't try that again.
Flipper_1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #29
ilikerice

Not sure. I will have to just run with this until I can afford a new bumper.

I am really unhappy with the quality of this one. The amount of rework that needed to be done on it from the body shop was insane. So many imperfections in the fiberglass. After driving it for a week, it already started cracking on both sides in front of the wheels. The tabs on the upper radiator support bracket doesn't even reach far enough back to drill a hole to line up. Extra brackets had to be made to extend to hold it up in the middle.

The shop I went to, to get it fixed from the deer accident, said that this bumper was abnormally thin. Not very thick at all. I thought he was just trying to get more labor money out of me. He was right when I found the High stress areas beginning to crack.

I took it to another guy who was gonna do it on the side for real cheap and even he said there was not much he could do other than reinforce the entire bumper again from the back. He said it was too thin to even sand down in a few spots. He used a flexible filler that is sandable. I don't know what its called but he showed me this cocking gun with a 2 part compound that he spreads on. Alot stronger than fiberglass but a bit more heavy. I said anything to keep it from cracking.

Held up so far. Didnt do the bottom of the bumper obviously.

I would like to find something for my actual year of my car so I dont have to swap out brackets and support brackets to change out my headlights to fit the bumper.

I don't know yet. Just angry right now
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #30
Form>Function

dang man. So sorry to hear these animals have it out for you. Is you hood open in the last pic or did the bumper also get pulled down some?

Old 08-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #31
ilikerice

No. That's the way this hood is designed. Nasty gap at the headlights. Flush in the middle. Prob gonna sell it and go back to OEM. I'd trade it straight up in a heart beat.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #32
Form>Function

yea man time to clean her up and go subtle, then you can spend money on boost or some more auto x tires lol

Old 08-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #33
ilikerice

I don't like being subtle.

I have decided I will probably scrap this one out or sell it for super cheap and go with the Diablo front bumper to match my sides and rear. I think it would look better.

UNLESS I can find a polyurethane aftermarket front bumper somewhere. That would be great. Fiberglass has not been my friend lately.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #34
Form>Function

Not bad, I just dont like when they over do the molding and it looks like a heap of cheap plastic just hanging around and a lot of those full bumper kits look that way to me

Old 08-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #35
ilikerice

YEA! WELL YOU'RE A HEAP OF CHEAP PLASTIC. AND I DON'T LIKE YOUR FACE!

haha.. just kidding.. not really.. maybe just a bit.. actually not at all..

hehe

I see your point though. My personal opinion is that the stock bumpers look too rounded at the bottom. I like the flow of the bumper and wheels with body kits. looks more flush and low to the ground.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #36
Form>Function

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
YEA! WELL YOU'RE A HEAP OF CHEAP PLASTIC. AND I DON'T LIKE YOUR FACE!

haha.. just kidding.. not really.. maybe just a bit.. actually not at all..

hehe

I see your point though. My personal opinion is that the stock bumpers look too rounded at the bottom. I like the flow of the bumper and wheels with body kits. looks more flush and low to the ground.
haha lmao

I can respect trying to be lower lol