Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-16-2016, 09:57 PM   #19
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
is it a manual transmission?
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:59 PM   #20
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Yes. What are you interested in?
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:37 AM   #21
07dirtyaris
&

Drives: meteorite metal 07 Hatch
If you are still picking apart the car how is the Bell housing, and the ECM? Definetely interested if they are in good shape. Shoot me a PM.
07dirtyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:06 AM   #22
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07dirtyaris View Post
If you are still picking apart the car how is the Bell housing, and the ECM? Definetely interested if they are in good shape. Shoot me a PM.
I've already got the ECM, but haven't pulled the engine or trans yet. Maybe this weekend?
Old 06-17-2016, 06:26 PM   #23
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

curious on the complete transmission, my second gear syncro is not as happy as i like it to be, and since I am about to replace the clutch i would like to go ahead and throw a used transmission in since i am going to step the clutch down a stage and making it more street-able.

The real question is how much would it cost to ship it to me, since it would only be about 130.32 for the transmission.

shipping to 29201 or 29179, depending on if it would be better to ship it to my house or work,
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Old 06-17-2016, 06:56 PM   #24
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddeenoh View Post
curious on the complete transmission, my second gear syncro is not as happy as i like it to be, and since I am about to replace the clutch i would like to go ahead and throw a used transmission in since i am going to step the clutch down a stage and making it more street-able.

The real question is how much would it cost to ship it to me, since it would only be about 130.32 for the transmission.

shipping to 29201 or 29179, depending on if it would be better to ship it to my house or work,
I haven't verified that the mounts are intact. It's pretty well smooshed in there, so it may not want to come out without a fight. I'll see about going tomorrow or Sunday and wrenching on it some more.

As for shipping, I think putting it on a small palette and sending it freight is probably the most economical. Next in line is sending it via FedEx or UPS to a business address. I've done it both ways when purchasing a gearbox, can't remember which was cheaper.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:17 PM   #25
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
I haven't verified that the mounts are intact. It's pretty well smooshed in there, so it may not want to come out without a fight. I'll see about going tomorrow or Sunday and wrenching on it some more.

As for shipping, I think putting it on a small palette and sending it freight is probably the most economical. Next in line is sending it via FedEx or UPS to a business address. I've done it both ways when purchasing a gearbox, can't remember which was cheaper.
UPS to business would most likely be the best option. once you make a determination on if it is worth the effort let me know.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:09 PM   #26
CrankyOldMan

The casing is intact. The fork may be bent (the slave cylinder was sheared off) as it wouldn't move by hand. I'll see about getting pictures this evening.

I agree about UPS non-freight being the better choice--maybe $60 instead of $150+.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #27
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
The casing is intact. The fork may be bent (the slave cylinder was sheared off) as it wouldn't move by hand. I'll see about getting pictures this evening.

I agree about UPS non-freight being the better choice--maybe $60 instead of $150+.
you are awesome, keep that up.

check the input shaft for me, I've seen some horror with wiggly shafts.

i'm fairly certain i can transfer my fork from my current transmission.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:53 PM   #28
CrankyOldMan

Ok, good news and bad news. Mostly bad. The good news is that the input shaft is pretty solid. A few thousandths of movement, but nothing a new bearing can't fix. The bad news is that the fork isn't bent, the pivot point is broken off the bellhousing, exposing the interior of the gearbox. If you're handy with a welder or brazing, you could probably fix it, but it's beyond my skill set to fix.

There's also a problem with the shifter linkage: it doesn't look bent, but it doesn't fit the way it's supposed to. I'll leave it up to you, but I'd like to know this week so I can return it if you don't want it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160620_201842210.jpg (452.9 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160620_201848364.jpg (411.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160620_201855677.jpg (458.0 KB, 75 views)
Old 06-20-2016, 09:25 PM   #29
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

That is beyond my welding skill, nor do i have the tools to do transmission work. But if you come across a suitable transmission, let me know, sorry it wasn't worth the effort.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:53 PM   #30
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddeenoh View Post
That is beyond my welding skill, nor do i have the tools to do transmission work. But if you come across a suitable transmission, let me know, sorry it wasn't worth the effort.
No worries, I learned a LOT about taking the front end apart. That will come in handy for the 1.8 swap.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:54 PM   #31
remodlr

Drives: 2010 yaris hatchback
looking for spare tire compartment lid

Hi,
looking for spare tire compartment lid with associated mounting hardware.

Thanks!
remodlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:46 AM   #32
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by remodlr View Post
Hi,
looking for spare tire compartment lid with associated mounting hardware.

Thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean by "associated hardware". Can you re-post this diagram with the parts you need circled?
Attached Images
File Type: png deck lid.png (111.6 KB, 69 views)
Old 06-28-2016, 08:09 AM   #33
remodlr

yes sir. this this what I mean:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SideBySide.pdf (86.5 KB, 43 views)
Old 06-28-2016, 08:49 AM   #34
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by remodlr View Post
yes sir. this this what I mean:
Ok. I'll try and swing by today and see if it's still there. Shipping may be over $30 via USPS because of the size.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:49 PM   #35
remodlr

That would be fantastic. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:56 PM   #36
remodlr

I realized that you may not be able to see my circles edit. I saw on my computer, but now, not on my phone. Anyhow, the highlighted number indicating the items in the box are what I am in need of. Thanks again.