Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-12-2016, 12:08 AM   #37
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
It has those, I checked to make sure they're hooked on it already. I had to take all that stuff apart when I dropped the headliner down some to add the map lights and I made sure they were all hooked where they're supposed to be. It literally wouldn't have been an issue if they added maybe half an inch to the carpeting on each side before they cut it so it had some give but would stay under the trim.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:59 AM   #38
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Well, I did a thing today. Due to the airbag recall (and more so due to the fact that it wasn't disclosed to me before I bought the car) I ended up giving my 2008 Yaris back to the dealer I bought it from. They gave me the amount of the loan (which included the loss I took on trading in my crap Sienna) towards another vehicle so it was replaced with a 2013 Hyundai Elantra sedan for carting the family around. It's a 6 speed manual and only has 42,000 miles on it so it's not a bad car by any means... but it's boring old silver.

I will really, really, REALLY miss my little Yaris sedan. Stupid Takata junk.

On the other hand, my wife will most likely be trading in her 2008 Prius for a 2012 Yaris L 5 door this weekend so that's a good thing! Her Prius has been a good car but it got wrecked and once they're wrecked they're never the same...

Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 11-24-2016 at 04:14 AM.
Dodge Aries K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:15 PM   #39
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Congrats...again lol.

Not to be a downer, but I can't help but feel like the Takata situation should be resolved soon. I've seen at least one report from someone here on the forum that got it taken care of. I truly hope it goes well for you and that you don't have to use that monster warranty they offer.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:34 PM   #40
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Well, the Toyota dealer here told me that it wouldn't be getting fixed for at LEAST a year since we're Zone B where I live. There's a Scion xB at the dealer waiting to get fixed right now... it's been there since June. The tires are flat now from sitting and I'm sure the brakes and other things are junk. It just didn't sit right to me to pay for a car that I bought for my family that I couldn't use to carry my family.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:47 PM   #41
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
I will not give up my Yaris, Takata or not. I think it's more likely to win a giant jackpot or get hit by lightning than to have an airbag explode.

Sent from my LG G2 with CM13 using Tapatalk
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:47 PM   #42
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

I hear ya but if it was just me I wouldn't care. But when wife and daughter are involved, it makes me not want to take a chance. Besides, I ended up with something newer and with a stick (my Yaris was an auto) and I still have my 2014 and my wife should be getting a 2012 here soon I think.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #43
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
I hear ya but if it was just me I wouldn't care. But when wife and daughter are involved, it makes me not want to take a chance. Besides, I ended up with something newer and with a stick (my Yaris was an auto) and I still have my 2014 and my wife should be getting a 2012 here soon I think.
I'm with you in that I don't let anyone sit in the front passenger seat. I'm a red zone, so why take a chance. We just use my better half's Honda if we both need to go somewhere. Rather be safe than sorry.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:12 AM   #44
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Should be bringing this little guy home on Monday. Wife is trading in her Prius (parked next to it) for it. It's a 2012 Yaris L. Base model baseness. Fortunately for her, I have a bunch of random crap to give it such as the old radio from my car (Bluetooth and HD radio), cruise control stalk thing, radio control buttons, a keyless entry/remote starter thing that I have chilling in a box, and the Lexus leather shift knob that I had previously installed in my old 2008 Yaris.

I love the way those fog lights work but something is wrong with them (it's an aftermarket kit) so I'll have to square that away too. I want to take them for my car but she won't let me. I am totally swapping my scuffed up wheel cover off my car onto the other one. She'll never know haha.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:40 AM   #45
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

Drives: '09 3-door 5-speed
Nice! I love that color. Isn't it great how you can just plug in a cruise control switch to a base model car, and it works? I bought a stalk from CTScott long before I got my own Yaris, for a friend's car, and I was amazed at how it took all of five minutes to add a feature many cars at this price point don't even offer.
scratchpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #46
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

What I'm hoping for is that the car body is prewired for power windows. There's a junkyard that has a few of these things and if it IS wired for it then the car will be getting power windows instead of the roll up stuff and probably power mirrors as well. They'll also have the bluetooth microphone that I'll need and the missing cup holder insert I need as well.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:24 PM   #47
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Nice 2012 Yaris L! I like that colour.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #48
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
yea like others have said nice color
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #49
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

So after having the "new" 2012 Yaris for a few days there's only been one complaint. Something plastic-y rattles like a son of a gun when it's in gear and you're not moving. Putting it into park or once you start moving it stops doing it. Any ideas?
Old 12-07-2016, 10:37 AM   #50
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
Where does the noise sound like it's coming from?

Sent from my LG G2 with CM13 using Tapatalk
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:29 PM   #51
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

I can't really tell. It sounds like it's coming from under the driver side dash but I checked there and didn't see anything rattling about.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #52
roachslayer

Drives: 2013 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
I can't really tell. It sounds like it's coming from under the driver side dash but I checked there and didn't see anything rattling about.
I'm experiencing a rattling exactly as you described with my 2013 @33k miles. I suspect it's maybe an exhaust thing - sounds like a loose cowling or something. It seems to only happen after warmed up and hot, because I don't hear it when I first start or even drive a few blocks and stop.

Any new info on your end? When I have time to investigate mine further I will let you know.
roachslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:56 AM   #53
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

It has been too darn cold to mess with it yet haha. Hopefully soon.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:02 PM   #54
roachslayer

Drives: 2013 SE
I talked with a Toyota tech who said the heat shield on the exhaust is just a thin sheet and is glued on, and if that adhesive breaks down you'd hear a rattle. I've not confirmed this is the issue with mine, but it's a clue to consider. Too cold to get under mine right now too. :)
roachslayer is offline   Reply With Quote