Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #19
Sir A.Y. Atoyot

Drives: '08 5-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtom View Post
I'm finally getting ready to buy, and I just thought I'd ask if anyone has run into any unexpectedly high service/maintenance items.

After all, one of the main reasons to buy a Yaris is that it should be cheap to run and maintain, right?

I'm planning on doing things like oil changes myself (keeping receipts of course). I saw the Toyota DIY website (http://www.toyotaownersonline.com/pa...rvice/diy.html) which bodes well for me -- I prefer to do things myself if possible.

Any other tips appreciated.
Make sure you know what you want before you buy. It's difficult and expensive to add those power windows, remote locks etc. as an afterthought. It's expensive to buy them from Toyota at the outset, but at least they work, and are well integrated with the rest of the car.
Sir A.Y. Atoyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:40 AM   #20
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Its a 1990 hatchback. I bought it two years ago with near 100k miles, then installed Kts coilovers last year.

I am looking for a yaris for my DD. As a commuters car I don't care if it has any performance attributes. When I transfer in the next 1.5 years Im gonna keep the 240 at my moms place so yea... When I want to go to the track, Im still gonna have a fun car to drive.

Im really aching to get a new car but I must wait. I love my 240 but its not really a good DD. Its still semi stiff with coilovers at lowest settings. NO ac, I think my speakers are somewhat blown, bad sound quality( don't really want to replace). Also water leak in the trunk. The weather stripping on the tail lights are deteriorated. Also on the single cam version I have, WORST positioning of the oil filter... I think I spoke too much of something irrelevant to the yaris.
Speaking from someone whos been in the same boat as you trust me get the yaris. Good realiable daily driver. Theres one member here who has over 300k miles. I think the only major repair if you could call that was replaced his altenator.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:19 AM   #21
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Pushing 60K, no problem. Tires were changed, though.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:26 AM   #22
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
2007 Yaris S sedan for me. 36K miles and no expenses aside from oil changes. I will have to get tires within the next 10K miles...

The dealership treats me like a king. I'm loving Toyota so far...much better than my experience with Dodge I'll tell you that much.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #23
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
I wish I had known that stock tires are really shitty during winter, would have bought winter tires way ahead of time when I had money >.<

(disclaimer, it might just be my fault being a shitty driver since other people here have said stock tires are fine for them.. although I drive slow I've still slid a few times, moreso than in my old nissan sedan.
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote