Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
phenoyz77
http://www.lifeline-mts.

Drives: yaris
dash board rattles

just his morning this "rattles" are coming from the dashboard
somebody had this before
phenoyz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
most likely your display . Fixed ours with sticky back felt . Will need to remove pieces located on both sides of climate control knobs and then the plastic part of upper dash that meets the display . There are a few screws that hold display unit in place . Then put sticky back felt on tabs that touch dash . Found it easier to sit on opposite seat to remove the pieces on side of climate control knobs by pulling out towards you ( pull left panel gently towards you when sitting in passenger seat , right when seated in driver seat ) . Be careful not to break off the tabs . Rattles are annoying . Seem to be the worst on the coldest days ( plastics constrict and are stiffer ) and warmest days ( expands touching other parts and weaker from strong sun ) . GOOD LUCK
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
UTVitz

Drives: Black Vitz Liftback
Thanks for the tip, I need to do this despite having the TSB done which was a foam pad placed under the display-still getting a cold morning rattle.
UTVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
phenoyz77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
most likely your display . Fixed ours with sticky back felt . Will need to remove pieces located on both sides of climate control knobs and then the plastic part of upper dash that meets the display . There are a few screws that hold display unit in place . Then put sticky back felt on tabs that touch dash . Found it easier to sit on opposite seat to remove the pieces on side of climate control knobs by pulling out towards you ( pull left panel gently towards you when sitting in passenger seat , right when seated in driver seat ) . Be careful not to break off the tabs . Rattles are annoying . Seem to be the worst on the coldest days ( plastics constrict and are stiffer ) and warmest days ( expands touching other parts and weaker from strong sun ) . GOOD LUCK

do you have a picture DIY for this
thanks
Old 12-23-2009, 01:26 AM   #5
phenoyz77

my bad, its not the dash board , its the aftermarket rear view mirror
i put-in that's making the rattles
Old 12-23-2009, 04:33 AM   #6
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
It could be any of those plus other things. I speak from experience. Look to either side of the dash near the doors as well. I have a sound deadening primer in the ICE section of this forum if you want to see a little bit into the car.

I'll be tearing the dash down in April/May when I get back home from Iraq here. I've got some things to do.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
phenoyz77

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
It could be any of those plus other things. I speak from experience. Look to either side of the dash near the doors as well. I have a sound deadening primer in the ICE section of this forum if you want to see a little bit into the car.

I'll be tearing the dash down in April/May when I get back home from Iraq here. I've got some things to do.

thanks bro...