Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2014, 11:13 PM   #289
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodywise View Post
Sorry, might have missed it but what are the spring rates for the coilovers you're running now? Thinking about getting some for my sedan

I love the back of my car, the front... not so much
I believe they are 6k in the front and 3k in the rear. Much too soft in my opinion. I will be ordering short/stiffer springs for the rear soon. The fronts can go pretty low on the Megan coils, but I'm only on the springs in the rear, took off the locks/perches already. Still not as low as I want to go though. If I were to do everything over again, I would have been a little more patient, saved another $150 or so and bought BC extreme low coilovers. You should get coils though, sedans look dope slammed.
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #290
nobodywise

Drives: Yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceCruz View Post
I believe they are 6k in the front and 3k in the rear. Much too soft in my opinion. I will be ordering short/stiffer springs for the rear soon. The fronts can go pretty low on the Megan coils, but I'm only on the springs in the rear, took off the locks/perches already. Still not as low as I want to go though. If I were to do everything over again, I would have been a little more patient, saved another $150 or so and bought BC extreme low coilovers. You should get coils though, sedans look dope slammed.
Oh, only got the front set of coilovers? Yeah planning to get megans too but now you're scaring me a bit

I already have on lotek springs on it and it's about a 1.9 drop Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1411010463877.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  60.7 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1411010475422.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  94.8 KB

nobodywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #291
nobodywise

Drives: Yaris sedan
Still not low enough for my though haha

nobodywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:32 PM   #292
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Quote:
Small update: Thanks to G-Ammo I decided to go through with the rear windshield wiper delete. I like it a lot better now :D

Before
20140728_130854 by TerenceJCruz92, on Flickr

After
20140914_181020 by TerenceJCruz92, on Flickr
Looks sick! Well done.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:19 AM   #293
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodywise View Post
Still not low enough for my though haha

Oh sorry the way I typed it made it seem like I only got the front coilovers haha. I have the full coil overs, front and rear. But, the rear coils didn't go as low as I'd like to. As I'm sure you know the rear spring is independent from the shock. That's why I said I'm only on the springs in the rear cause I took off the locks/perches that came with the coils to get the maximum drop. I want to get shorter/stiffer springs though so I can put the locks and perches back on to be able to adjust my height as I please again. Plus, it looks like you have bigger rims so that should fill the gap nicely if you feel like the Megans don't have a low enough drop for you.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:20 AM   #294
TerenceCruz

@aspro - Thanks a lot man!
Old 09-18-2014, 11:22 PM   #295
MiSFiTx87

Drives: CS1
Quote:
All you basically have to do is take off the plastic cover on your trunk by pulling carefully on the side, it'll just snap off one by one until you get to the other side. Then unplug the motor, it's a white plug you just squeeze on the side then pull off. Then I believe there are four 10mm nuts you have to remove then the motor will just come off. I got the 0 ring from the dollar store lol. It was a box full of different sizes.
thanks again Terence, was a struggle removing the plastic cover lol but i finally got it off, need to find a o-ring or get some silicon to seal around it
MiSFiTx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:48 AM   #296
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSFiTx87 View Post
thanks again Terence, was a struggle removing the plastic cover lol but i finally got it off, need to find a o-ring or get some silicon to seal around it
No problem man. And yeah, luckily I had already removed that cover once in order to do that standing wiper mod. But, the wiper delete was definitely a good choice Silicon would be a good idea too, I might do the same.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #297
TerenceCruz

Got the crew banner on! #Sus_Spec Okay, no more new posts from me until I get my wheels mounted ;)

20140919_185035 by TerenceJCruz92, on Flickr

Last edited by TerenceCruz; 09-19-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #298
TerenceCruz

Does anyone know the diameter of the rear springs on Megan Racing coilovers? I found some shorter, stiffer springs for my rear, just want to make sure it'll fit. I know our springs are independent from the shocks, but still lol
Old 09-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #299
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
65mm inner diameter should be the standard. I have 6in 8k springs all around.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:03 AM   #300
TerenceCruz

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've updated this. Just doing more research and saving money before I do any more mods. These are a couple of items I am looking for in order to finally put my wheels on:

1) -3 OR -5 camber shims from RealCamber. I don't know which yet, if -3 is enough to fit some 16x8.5 +25 offset wheels wrapped in 195/45s I would rather stick with that so I don't burn through tires as fast.

2) 6" 10k springs for the front, and 5" 8k springs for the rear for my Megan Racing coilovers. Want to add stiffer and shorter springs so I can go lower and get tighter fitment.

I am paypal ready, please comment below if you have any of these items! Thank you very much. Also, just wondering, do any of you guys know which lug nuts I'd need to buy to work with some BBS RS reps? Preferably with a lock. (I know they're reps, but I still don't want to worry about them getting stolen. Haha) Thanks everyone!

- Terence

Last edited by TerenceCruz; 11-26-2014 at 03:14 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:48 AM   #301
ezhacker1

just get some gorilla lock nuts. either ones with 1 lock nut, or all 4 lock nuts, or just basic type where a socket adapter is needed to remove.

As for springs, there is a diminishing return on getting stiffer springs as it relates to ride height. Did you already calculate the drop with those spring specs?

Old 11-26-2014, 03:11 AM   #302
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
just get some gorilla lock nuts. either ones with 1 lock nut, or all 4 lock nuts, or just basic type where a socket adapter is needed to remove.

As for springs, there is a diminishing return on getting stiffer springs as it relates to ride height. Did you already calculate the drop with those spring specs?
Sweet, I'll look into those lug nuts Jonathan. And as for the springs, what do you mean a diminishing return on getting stiffer springs as it relates to ride height? Sorry I'm having a brain fart and I'm sleepy lol. I basically just want 5" springs in the rear (so I can put my locks/perches back while being able to go as low) that are stiff enough to where I can have one or two people in the back without the spring compressing an inch. I want the lips of my wheels to be pretty close to my fenders when everything gets dialed in correctly. If I can find those stance coil springs you showed me, in 8k BUT in 5", I will definitely pick those up. If I go with the 6" that are available, once I put the locks/perches back on it, its max low would be the same height where I am at right now basically. So I want to get a shorter spring so I can even out that rear height cause my rear passenger side is about 1/4th of an inch higher remember?
Old 11-26-2014, 04:11 AM   #303
ezhacker1

cool sounds like you did your math. I just mean that the stiffer you go obviously the less compression you get given a fixed amount of weight (3 passengers in the rear). But the difference between say 9k and 12k is smaller than 6k and 9k. etc etc, you wont see much of a compression difference but your butt will sure feel it. 8k all around feels jolting in SF streets, and i run full soft on the shocks/struts.

At the extreme end of the spectrum of spring rate, a solid unmoveable spring = cinder block as your spring, you wouldnt get any compression, and your car will bounce everywhere. Try and find a spring height that will accomadate your drop, vs using spring rate. Of course making sure short springs will work with your shocks / struts to make sure they dont bottom out.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #304
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
cool sounds like you did your math. I just mean that the stiffer you go obviously the less compression you get given a fixed amount of weight (3 passengers in the rear). But the difference between say 9k and 12k is smaller than 6k and 9k. etc etc, you wont see much of a compression difference but your butt will sure feel it. 8k all around feels jolting in SF streets, and i run full soft on the shocks/struts.

At the extreme end of the spectrum of spring rate, a solid unmoveable spring = cinder block as your spring, you wouldnt get any compression, and your car will bounce everywhere. Try and find a spring height that will accomadate your drop, vs using spring rate. Of course making sure short springs will work with your shocks / struts to make sure they dont bottom out.
Ahh gotcha.. Hmm, I'm debating on going 8k all around now. I mean it's not like I race, or ride on bad roads often. The worst roads I encounter are probably in SF, Berkeley, and Vallejo. But that's not too often. Also, I contacted the seller of those springs you showed me online, the stance coil springs, he said they won't fit on my Megan coils. Maybe cause my Megan springs were 62mm ID and the stance coil springs were 65 mm ID? I was hoping these would work on my coils
Old 11-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #305
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
http://www.racingsprings.com/2.5-ID-Coil-Over/Store/15

All the springs I'm running on my Megans i got from ^^this^^ site. I've got 6" 9k in front and 4" 7k in the rear no issues with fitment, and my ride quality isn't that bad.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:17 PM   #306
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by coheed View Post
http://www.racingsprings.com/2.5-ID-Coil-Over/Store/15

All the springs I'm running on my Megans i got from ^^this^^ site. I've got 6" 9k in front and 4" 7k in the rear no issues with fitment, and my ride quality isn't that bad.
Sweet, yeah a buddy of mine on IG showed me those springs. The 2.5ID threw me off though so I didn't think I could use those. If I go with these I'm probably gona go with 6" 10k front, 4" 8k in the rear. If I could find them on this website.. Haha. Am I looking at this wrong? Under 6" spring it only goes up to 7k? And this 4" only goes up to 5k?