Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
MyzticZ3r0

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Power Windows Stopped Working

Hey guys,

I bought the Colbi power windows set and had them installed from a reputable installer in town, but today, right when I got to work, the power function stopped working. I noticed the backlight on the switches were not turned on anymore (normally, there's a red backlight). Seeing as it is Easter, I can not take it to the installer. Any ideas on what happened?

Also, when I got them installed, I noticed I can roll the windows up/down without the keys in the ignition - they are always powered. Is this normal? Finally, when I roll my windows all the day down, then roll them back up, there's a "jolt" as if there's something in the way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I used a very similar kit on my Crashy2. Ideally the installer should have wired them with an extra relay to make them only work with the ignition on. Chances are that the fuse that feeds them has popped. If you open the panel below the steering wheel you should find the control box for them and if you follow the large red wire it should have an inline fuse.

Mine go smoothly in either direction, but the effect that you see may be related to popping the fuse, as any form of binding will cause higher current draw.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:32 AM   #3
MyzticZ3r0

I just got home from work - thank you for such a quick response as always Scott. I will check it out and see if I can fix the problem. I thought the window cranking up would be because the window was "hitting" wires. I will keep you updated =]
Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
MyzticZ3r0

it was the fuse! thank you scott. I got my Window up! I brought it into the shop and they were perplexed about my Windows juttering aswell. I have an appt on wed. Thanks again for your help Scott!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
MyzticZ3r0

Update: my windows are back in full working under with no juttering when rolling them up. There was some sound deadening caught on the brackets; therefore, causing the window arm to have difficult rolling up the windows.