Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-18-2007, 11:30 PM   #19
nebulight
Novice Hypermiler

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Send a message via AIM to nebulight
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the yaris, I love my car. I think it's a great car for fuel economy, and for the price it's a nice solid car. But I wouldn't even think about doing anything for performance, it wouldn't make sense because the gains would not be worth the cost. For instance, the Megan header, it looks exactly like the stock piece!!

It's a slow start, but I'm shooting for 45mpg by summer. Best so far is 42.23mpg
nebulight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:47 PM   #20
fu_im_from_texas

Drives: Liftback
Send a message via AIM to fu_im_from_texas
Thumbs up syphon mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulight View Post
like handling for one.....the teg was like it was on rails. For me, the yaris is coming up short in that category too.
this months syphon mag had a yaris vs fit vs versa shoot out. the yaris had the least hp AND the fastest lap...by 4 seconds...that is a lot...

take ZPIs turbo, add it to the suspension setup mentioned above, and yaris is latin for "wicked fast"
fu_im_from_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:08 AM   #21
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
wow is that a horrible gain?
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:08 AM   #22
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulight View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the yaris, I love my car. I think it's a great car for fuel economy, and for the price it's a nice solid car. But I wouldn't even think about doing anything for performance, it wouldn't make sense because the gains would not be worth the cost. For instance, the Megan header, it looks exactly like the stock piece!!
What isn't worth it to you may be totally worth it to someone else. Ask Nick [turboyaris] if his turbo kit was worth it to him.

And yes, that gain is pretty sad for the cost of that kit. 21 HP. I think I can get that N/A. We'll see.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:20 AM   #23
tca4

Drives: Yaris RS (white)
Funny how that guy[cool blue yaris owner on magazine] dont have a sticker for 'BLITZ'
tca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:56 AM   #24
Chiefy707
XBox360 Fanboy

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue LB
Send a message via AIM to Chiefy707
There's a 'Blitz' decal on the rear 3/4 glass.

If I were to build a car for performance, I'd go with an EG hatchback and go from there.

As for this particular Yaris, I think there's still more to be squeezed out of it. It's amazing how little you really need to make 2300 lbs go like heck, as long as you don't have any delusions of being the world's fastest FWD or think you can take on MKIV Supra's or Mustangs on the freeway.
Hopefully Turbo mag will keep project Yaris ongoing since the NCP91 platform is still relatively new. If you look in the Vitz HyperRev, damn near anything and everything was available for the older Vitz. In time it's almost certain the same can be said for the newer car. Me personally, I'd like to see a 2ZZ swap.
That being said, the Project Yaris car apparently sucks balls. The HP gain doesn't justify the price of the kit. BUT, if the Siphon shootout is anything to go by, I'm sure this car can take on any similarly modded B-seg cars.

-Tinted windows
-Blue interior light kit
-TRD suspension (shocks and struts)
-TRD Sport Muffler
-Cheap ass Ebay OEM style foglights that no longer work (after a month!) and ALWAYS fill with freaking water
Chiefy707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:56 AM   #25
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
I bet we could get real close to those 20HP gains if not a bit higher with short ram intake, header, 2.25 race exaust (cat less), Complete NST pulley set (when the rest of them come out).... shit, you throw a lil 25 squrit of Nitrous you would be running circles around that Blitz Yaris all day for about 1/2 the $$$
Old 04-19-2007, 04:46 AM   #26
DollaZo

Drives: Toyota Yaris YRS
Id rather get an engine conversion... maybe transfer the power to the rear or all wheel drive.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:54 AM   #27
Vic-2NZFE

Drives: Yaris 2NZFE
Stinks

It's a Vitz!
Vic-2NZFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:05 AM   #28
graywolf_14

Drives: um not a yaris but hopefully
Yeah they should of turbod it.
graywolf_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:26 AM   #29
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
If you look on the bright side. he will be faster then any other yaris out there
nqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #30
thewifesyaris

Drives: 2007 and 2008 MM Yari LBs
funny how they state everything is in matching blue even the rears seats, but im not sure the back seat plays much of a role in any yaris much less one with a blitz kit and two huge sparco seats. next thing youll see is smartcar with a turbo and some recaros, maybe a greddy cat back too.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #31
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
i'm in love with smart car.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:12 PM   #32
eijikikimaru
Q(','Q)

Drives: 3dr Meteroite
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewifesyaris View Post
funny how they state everything is in matching blue even the rears seats, but im not sure the back seat plays much of a role in any yaris much less one with a blitz kit and two huge sparco seats. ...
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with the rear seats not having much of a role except maybe, just maybe, balance issues. Other then that I find them completely useless in the BLITZ yaris since the roll bar is sorta in the way

I love the car, and I don't mind getting passed up now. I just hate getting run off the road and my *meek meek*horn isn't enough... saving up for train horns!!!
eijikikimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #33
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
Quote:
next thing youll see is smartcar with a turbo and some recaros, maybe a greddy cat back too.
well the smart car is already a turbo diesel, but someone has put a suzuki motorcycle engine in a smart car and that thing goes!
http://www.smartuki.com/home.html
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #34
rage2

Drives: 07 Black Yaris 5D
The 119hp they're referring to is wheel hp, the chart looks like a dynojet chart, which translates to about 135hp flywheel.
My Site - Beyond Car Forums
rage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:45 AM   #35
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
The 119hp they're referring to is wheel hp, the chart looks like a dynojet chart, which translates to about 135hp flywheel.
then i guess it's not "too" bad of a gain compared to the blitz vitz unless i'm wrong.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:53 AM   #36
St_G

Drives: Black 2007 Yaris Liftback 1.5
Something alwasy just looks wrong when the backend of the Yaris is low like that. I can't quite put my finger on it, when so many other cars look great with that stance. Something about the shape of the rear...
St_G is offline   Reply With Quote