Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
Kingcodez
I've made a post!

Drives: Nothing right now.
Wink Possibly purchasing a Yaris, a few questions first.

What kind of mods are out there?
I'm mainly getting a motorcycle, the parents insist that I have a car, so I chose this one, and if I like it better, I'll stick with it.

I know about the S/C, does that increase MPG? More power on the low end=less revs to maintain speed. Right?

Would a turbo be better for gas mileage? Like one that made most of its boost in the 1-2k range?

I read for a sec you can stick 1zz cams in there, how does this affect performance?

I know this is a small car, I'm not into racing, I just like tinkering. I used to drive a 01 Corolla, and loved that car. I moved to Beijing and I'm im coming back, and my beloved blue trash can rusted away without me there to smash it into snow banks and pot holes. I loved that car, I'm half tempted to buy a new one just so I can trash it again.

Is there a list somewhere for parts/mods?
Cams,
S/C,
I planned on light weight rims/tires,
Brakes,
Braces, suspension, ect.
Maby an underbelly pan for aero,
Has anyone tried a taller 5th gear?
I was thinking CAI but I need to find out how bad Florida's rain is first. Shouldn't be a prob with a bypass in there.
Are there any CF parts available?
I used to want a Celica, and they had a CF rear hatch, and you could make a custom Lexan window and shave off like 80+ pounds total lol.

It's great that they have a whole site for Yaris mods, gives me a much better reason to pick the car up.

I'll probably be getting an 07 Yaris S 2Door Hatch.

Thanks.
Kingcodez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
hey, welcome to florida, it hasn't rained it a bit, but when it does, the world seems to come down.

there are tons of mods around check out http://microimageonline.com for a bunch of them, they sell a ton of different things.

the sc hurts gas mileage, there are plenty of cf hoods and hatches around, as well as everything else you metioned. I don't think anyone has tried a higher 5th gear yet, but i could be wrong.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Spend your money on getting the fast bike. Keep the car stock and use when you really need a car. No matter how much money you spend on a Yaris it will seem like a dog compared to a bike.